WooCommerce Subscription – Add my French translations

• Hi,
    I already contributed for French to some projects but these times the French translation already existed.
    For WooCommerce Subscriptions there is no French translation at the moment.
    It seems I have to follow a procedure to create one.
    My requests are that someone with proper permissions helps me to create the branch to translate this plugin in French, and that all the translations I have made are imported (90%).
    Anybody can help with that ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Renan.

• Hi Renan, usually we get requests here for translating WordPress.com, and to be honest I’m not sure where to send you for a WooCommerce extension translation. But I’ll check in with our translations team on this and let you know what we find. Talk to you soon.

• Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    I was not sure it was the right place but as I couldn’t really figure out where I could add my translation.
    It is about WooCommerce Subscriptions.
    Thanks,
    Byebye,
    Renan.

• Hi Renan, I’ve asked for a translation project to be added, so you can help if you’d like. It’s here now:
    https://translate.wordpress.com/projects/woocommerce%2Fwoocommerce-subscriptions/fr/default/

Let us know if you have questions!

• Hi,
    OK great. I will add my translation.
    This is about contributing, right ?
    Again I am not saying it is perfect but it can help some other persons it’s fine.
    But I am not used to this tool. Normally I use the .org page.
    Is there a way I can import/upload my .po file ?
    I am not going to add string after string ;)

Thank you for your efforts,
    See you,
    Best,
    Renan Savidan.

• It’s actually the same software that’s used for translations at WordPress.org, just a different skin. :)

For importing a .po file, you’ll find an “Import Translations” link at the bottom of that page.

• Just adding as well, our team is still working on making sure there’s a project for the extensions, so we’ll update when we’ve got more information on that.

• Oh and one more thing, I forgot to say, thank you for your willingness to help other users with your translations! And the nice thing about community efforts like this, is you don’t need to worry about imperfections, because the community tends to be able to catch and correct mistakes. Thank you again.

• Hi,
    OK thanks
    I have tried to find the “import translations” link but I can’t.
    I found an exportation one that’s all.
    I am not sure if I do something wrong or if there is something that needs to be activated on my account.
    I wouldn’t mind if you can help a bit more with that.

• No worries, there’s a lot of stuff on that page. Import is in the lower left, just above the footer. Can you see it now?

If not, does this link work for you?

• Hi,
    I tried on firefox (instead of chrome) and logged in again.
    I copied-pasted the link and I got :

You are not allowed to do that!

I only see exportation link like I told above the footer – even checked the page source.
    Still, I can’t use the importation feature.
    Thank you.

• That’s odd. :(

Ok, this is getting a bit outside of our wheelhouse.

Would you please follow up with WooCommerce at https://woocommerce.com/contact-us/ ?

• Hi,
    OK I am going to do so.
    The account that owns the licence is my client’s one but the translation is mine.
    What I can do is send a request from my personal account and give them the link to this ticket.
    I hope it will help them to understand quickly.
    Thanks,
    Bye.

• The topic ‘WooCommerce Subscription – Add my French translations’ is closed to new replies.