Widgets on Classic Blog

• Author

How do I restore classic widgets on my free WP Blog? I found a Classic Widgets plugin, but I can’t see that working.

I can’t access my widgets and I want to change something. I have no desire to switch to Blocks – it’s extremely clunky and not in the least bit dynamic.

Was it really necessary to force this upon us?

…and on the same subject, does the new “Sign Me Up!” widget button have to be so big?

I’ve been doing this 11 years and the way things are going I’ll stop blogging if Blocks are forced upon me. So far today I’ve had 131 views, so I am getting traffic.

The blog I need help with is maddogtvdinners.wordpress.com.

aleone89
    Staff

Hello there,

How do I restore classic widgets on my free WP Blog? I found a Classic Widgets plugin, but I can’t see that working.

In order to use the Classic widget plugin, the site would need to be on the business plan.

Please see this guide on how to access the classic editor here: https://wordpress.com/support/classic-editor-guide/

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks aleone89,

As I thought – WP is deliberately hobbling people in order to force them into using Gutenberg.

It would have been polite to give people notice, so that they could edit their widgets before being locked out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.