Why post picture doesn't show on the front page?

• Author

wanling442

Hi

So whether I added the picture on the post directly under the title or insert it through the feature image, I could not see the picture when I go back the blog page after updated the post.

Please help, thank you.

The blog I need help with is lifeschoicesite.wordpress.com.

musicdoc1

Hi,

Try this. At Customize > Content Options > Featured Images, check the box labeled “Display on blog and archives,” as well as any other boxes labeled with places that you want featured images to appear. Then save the change by clicking the Publish button.

musicdoc1

That will cause featured images set on posts to display on those posts on the blog page.

To have an image inserted into the content (under the title) of posts displayed on those posts on the blog page, you may check the box labeled “Automatically use first image in post” at Customize > Content Options > Featured Images. This will cause the theme to choose the first image from the top in the post when no featured image is set.

Alternatively, you could display the full posts rather than excerpts on the blog page. You’ll find that option at Customize > Content Options > Blog Display.

wanling442

Hi, You are an abosolute genius!! Thank you for helping me again.
    If you could help me with one more question: the feature image is very big and occupied a lot of space, is it possible to make it only on the right side of the post of on the home page, or make the feature image relatively small?

> “Automatically use first image in post” at Customize > Content Options > Featured Images

that doesn’t exist? Can you help me out i’m trying to simply use the original design and add a few different pictures between the pages but it’s not giving me the option and i’ve checked the customizers help section already :S

wanling442

It does exist,bdsolutionsca, it is on “customizer”->”content option”->”featured images”-> then in the last choice .“Automatically use first image in post”

supernovia
    Staff

Many themes have “content options” as a feature, but some do not.

@bdsolutionsca, would you send a link to the page you’re struggling with so we can take a look?

i managed to get it, though it wasn’t showing on my options the issue i was looking to resolve ended up being a page setting not a customize setting.
    thanks

musicdoc1

@staff,

@wanling said,

If you could help me with one more question: the feature image is very big and occupied a lot of space, is it possible to make it only on the right side of the post of on the home page, or make the feature image relatively small?

musicdoc1

Sorry, the username is @wanling442.

wanling442

@musicdoc1

thanks for the help! It is not a very important issue anyways.

musicdoc1

You’re welcome!

I think @supernovia must have missed those questions, so I’ve called for staff attention again with the “modlook” tag in the sidebar. It might be better if you changed the status back to “unresolved” for now.

wanling442

I did, thank you!
    I hope they will have time to check it out.

kokkieh
    Staff

the feature image is very big and occupied a lot of space, is it possible to make it only on the right side of the post of on the home page, or make the feature image relatively small?

The size at which a featured image displays is determined by the theme, and the only way to change that is by overriding the theme’s styling with your own custom CSS. That requires our Premium Plan

@musicdoc1,

Once a staff member has replied to a thread we see all subsequent replies, so no need to re-modlook a post. That will not make us get back to it any faster, and in fact causes it to appear in two separate queues on our end which might lead to unnecessary duplication.

wanling442

Thank you, gotta you.

The topic ‘Why post picture doesn't show on the front page?’ is closed to new replies.