Why is my Feed blank
I guess I should mention that it had been working fine for months
It works for me, but there are a few people saying their feed is not showing up, so I am wondering if there was a temporary “glitch” there for a little while.
Same problem here, I’m trying to get the TUAW feed (http://feeds.tuaw.com/weblogsinc/tuaw) on to my blog, but the RSS widgets says “Error: could not find an RSS or ATOM feed at that URL.”
Any clues on how to get it to work?
Is that a WordPress.com blog feed? If not, the error might be on their end instead.
It’s still not working for me . . .
raincoaster, is not a WP.com feed, but I just tried adding the RSS feed from WP.com at http://wordpress.com/feed/ and I get the same error message.
Seems like the RSS widget is broken. :(
Now the feed shows up at http://zion40.wordpress.com/feed/, but when I try to put in in the RSS widget on our main blog I still get “Error: could not find an RSS or ATOM feed at that URL.”
It came back and for a few days all was good . . .
Now the same thing happened on http://zionbuffalo.wordpress.com . . . the rss feed shows up with google reader, but shows a blank feed at http://zionbuffalo.wordpress.com/feed/, is not updating in pageflakes, and is blank on feedburner. In the RSS widget on zion40.wordpress.com it says “An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.”
Am I doing something wrong??
oops, comma too close to the address and messing it up. . . the blank feed is at http://zionbuffalo.wordpress.com/feed/
This is getting really frustrating. Still nothing at zionbuffalo.wordpress.com/feed/ , like when you click on ‘entries RSS’ on the page (‘comments RSS’ works fine) and no response to my emails to support yesterday or last Thursday . . .
It works 100% fine for me. Maybe the problem is a caching issue on your end?
Ok, after I posted and before you posted it did reappear on the feed page. Feedburner was still blank, and after using their ping tool twice with no results I used their Resync tool and got this message
There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for the feed “Zion Lutheran Church News”
The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We encountered the following problem: Your feed has an invalid character(s) in it. This may be caused by editing your posts with a wordprocessing program. Try copying your posts into a plain text editor (like Notepad or TextEdit) before pasting them in your blogging tool.
So now how do I find which posts and fix them???
Are you pasting into your blog from Word? If so, stop immediately. You’ve no idea the number of issues it causes. I would suggest working backwards from your most immediate posts and using the Clean Up Code tool on the Advanced toolbar to fix things.
I had this issue once and the problem (according to FeedBurner’s Feed Doctor, which is a handy tool) was an ampersand. I see you’ve got one in a post beginning with the words March 2.
To clarify – an ampersand in a post title in both our cases.
I am working on removing ampersands from the titles, and using the cleanup tool on all the posts from last week when it quit until today. Figuring out the cleanup tool took some homework . . . I didn’t have the visual editor option switched on so had no idea what the advanced toolbar was or where to find it to start with. Do you think I have to go back further than last week when everything was working?
I don’t typically paste from word, or even use word much, but occasionally other staff/volunteers will send announcements in a word email attachment, and I had no idea it was a problem until now but will definately remember that in the future!
You should be fine just going back to before things started messing up. I can’t believe that Feedburner can’t read ampersands! That’s crazy!
Everything is working again . . . I finally found a reference to http://www.feedvalidator.org/ in another post and used that to isolate the problem post. Neither the clean up tool or copying and pasting to and from notepad worked, so I finally just deleted the sentence with the problem and now the entries RSS, feedburner, and pageflakes widget are all working.
Thanks again for helping me figure this one out :)
The topic ‘Why is my Feed blank’ is closed to new replies.