Why does the new editor delete numeric tags?

• Author

seanmunger

I’m having trouble with the new editor. When I assign tags to a post, any tag that consists entirely of numbers will disappear after I hit “Save Draft” (or “Publish”). As my blog deals heavily with history, numeric tags in the form of years (“1776,” “1968” etc.) are very important. Tags that are not purely numeric (i.e., “1960s”) are not affected. The old editor could handle numeric tags with no problem, but the new editor deletes them. I’m curious if you know about this problem and have any fix in the pipeline. Thanks.

The blog I need help with is seanmunger.com.

rachelmcr
    Staff

Hi there,

I’m sorry for the trouble with those tags! Someone else brought up that issue recently, and I’ve reported it to our developers so they can look into it. I’ll add your feedback to the report, too. Thanks for letting us know!

There isn’t a set timeline right now for fixing it, so in the meantime you can still add those numeric tags using the classic post editor. Please let me know if I can do anything more to help. :)

The topic ‘Why does the new editor delete numeric tags?’ is closed to new replies.