Why are Syndicated Views not included in stats?

• Author

cynng

I’m sure you’ve answered this before, but I couldn’t find it. Apologies for any duplication.

While I realized that syndicated views can be seen on each individual post, since my blog is heavily viewed through syndication, the totals are vastly different (e.g. 7 vs. 163) in all summaries. I’m wondering why WP decided to only include on-site views when the data is clearly there. Or is there a setting somewhere in stats that I’m simply missing that allows including of syndicated views?
    Blog url: http://cynng.wordpress.com

kardotim

Please review this page on how to see the syndicated views on your posts.

cynng

Yes, I understand how to see syndicated views for individual posts.

What I would like to know is how I can see syndicated views counts or graphs in summaries

macmanx
    Staff

Ah, so do you mean syndicated views for the entire site, like how many are feed readers vs. actual readers?

cynng

Not necessarily vs. More just totals, like getting a similar graph you get for individual posts but then in summaries.

So rather than just showing total on-site views, showing stats that include syndicated views and then having a graph that also shows both in the two colours.

macmanx
    Staff

We don’t have something for that yet, but that does sound like a great idea. I’ve added it to the list of things to consider.

Thanks!

The topic ‘Why are Syndicated Views not included in stats?’ is closed to new replies.