When is the page parent list size scheduled to be fixed in the new editor?

• I haven’t been able to form much of an opinion on the new beep beep boop editor because I can’t use if for editing most pages. Doing so will un-link the pages from their parent unless they happen to be on the short list of parent pages provided. Going to the old editor via the admin route is extremely inconvenient since I have to page down several times to get to most of the pages I want to change. Can’t the length of the displayed parent list just be increased? This seems like the kind of major problem that would be fixed immediately before any enhancements were worked on.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• My upgrades are up for renewal in five days. I would like to know whether there are plans to fix the problem with parent pages in a reasonable amount of time, so that I and decide whether or not renew. My site is very difficult to update in the state that it’s in now. So if the parent page problem is not going to be fixed in the new editor, I’ll have to either find another place to host my site or redesign it to work around the problems. I would rather not do either one, so I would appreciate an answer, so that I’m not wasting my time or money.

• When we need Staff help with issues Volunteers cannot resolve like this one we type modlook into the sidebar tags on our forum threads. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then we subscribe to this thread so we are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Sorry, I should have pointed out that this problem has been discussed earlier at https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/new-editing-page-sucks-i-need-help-not-all-parent-pages-come-up?replies=4#post-2454311 (which I didn’t initiate, but sorry for the language). That topic and others which discussed this problem all seem to be closed.

• I will look into this and post back here as soon as I know more.

• Hooray! Thanks for your help.

• Sheri, it does look like all of my pages showed up in the drop-down list under page options in the sidebar, though I did have to keep pulling the control bar down and waiting for it to refresh. But they are all there, and that’s the important thing. Thanks.

Is it safe to hit the Update button from those pages to see if the correct parent page actually gets saved?

• Awesome!!

Yes, although there is a higher chance there will be bugs present in the testing site in general, I think it’s safe. We have been testing editor changes for a while and I have been using it a tone without losing any data—in fact, there are even more protections in place (i.e. autosaves with revisions) in the new version of the editor. :)

• I will look into this and post back here as soon as I know more.

Just posting a quick note that nonenmac beat me to this follow-up and the issue does appear to be fixed in the next editor and those should be going live soon.

• That’s good news. :)

• The topic ‘When is the page parent list size scheduled to be fixed in the new editor?’ is closed to new replies.