What does it take to add Spanish – Mexico to the language list

• Hi!

My name is Luis, i have found out that if we use the es-MX wordpress version we loose the spanish effort from other lines as es-ES.

It becomes very obvious when using Jetpack since all the strings that jetpack uses from WP.com are untranslated.

I would like to help start the translation of WP.com to Spanish Mexico so this issue could be engaged. What does it take for it to start?

• Hi ark74!

Could you give us some samples of pages within your self-hosted site’s wp-admin panel where strings rely on the WordPress.com project? Providing us screenshots would be helpful.

>It becomes very obvious when using Jetpack since all the strings that jetpack uses from WP.com are untranslated.

Please note that translations for the Jetpack plugin reside in translate.wordpress.org:

https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/es-mx/default/wp-plugins/jetpack

And it is only currently 5% translated in es-MX. Could this be the reason why you’re seeing things in English?

>I would like to help start the translation of WP.com to Spanish Mexico so this issue could be engaged.

That said we’d still be happy to add es-MX to WordPress.com, but would appreciate more context on the issue that you’re pointing out.

Thank you!

• The topic ‘What does it take to add Spanish – Mexico to the language list’ is closed to new replies.