Want to create 3 categories the way it's display on default theme.

• Author

saurabhtomer

I want to see my website in the same way the default theme home page is displayed.
    A header image with about section and below that 3 different categories and once I open that category i could see blogs for those category.
    Can you please guide me how can I do the customization with this theme.

The blog I need help with is foodtravelsandmore.com.

musicdoc1

Hi,

A header image with about section and below that 3 different categories and once I open that category i could see blogs for those category.

It looks like you’ve learned how to add a tagline (I presume this is what you meant by “about section”), menu items that link to categories in a custom menu, and how to create sub-menus or drop-down menus as well. Drop-down menus consisting of links to posts are created essentially the same way as you created the drop-down menus presently displayed on your site:

• Add links to individual posts as menu items as described in the Add Menu Items section of the Site Menus support page.
    • Rearrange the menu items as desired, creating drop-down menus, as described in the Create Drop-Down Menus section of the support page.

Having a paid plan also gives you the option of using Live Chat Support, which you might find more convenient and faster than requesting support through the community forums.

justjennifer

Hi there, I just want to add that as you have a paid upgrade on your WPcom website, you are also eligible for direct support via LiveChat and email when you post to the form at https://wordpress.com/help/contact

musicdoc1

Corrections: My “Add Menu Items” link above goes to the wrong section, and I’d forgotten to provide a link to the “Create Drop-Down Menus” section of the support page. So here are the correct links:

The topic ‘Want to create 3 categories the way it's display on default theme.’ is closed to new replies.