Vikas published an article on WordPress, but I published on waystoworld.com

• Why Publicize say that ‘Vikas published an article on WordPress’ but I posted article on waystoworld.com, when Publicize auto publicizing on facebook.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Interesting bug. That shouldn’t happen. I will flag this for staff attention.

• Hi there,

That’s actually not a bug — that message comes from the connection between our publicize feature and Facebook. Because of how Facebook works, there isn’t a way for us to customize the message on Facebook to use your domain waystoworld.com instead of the name WordPress. All posts that are publicized to Facebook will include the message “published an article on WordPress.”

Please let me know if you have any other questions about that.

• I used a plugin ‘Social’ by Mailchimp it says when I share on facebook as ‘Vikas shared a link via Social Proxy by Mailchimp.’

Why can’t Publicize do that as ‘Vikas shared a link via Publicize or WordPress’ on the contrary of saying ‘Vikas published an article on WordPress’

• Thanks for that suggestion! I passed that idea along to our team to consider for future updates to this feature. :)

• The topic ‘Vikas published an article on WordPress, but I published on waystoworld.com’ is closed to new replies.