Views

• Hi, I’m not getting any views for my latest post, however, I know that people are viewing it, because Im getting replies and quotes about it sent to me. Could I please get some clarification on what to do as i’m pretty new to word press and view count is my main way of tracking progress. my website url is:
    https://millennialstateblog.wordpress.com/
    It’s the Frank Ocean post that is getting no views, the other ones are still going up in views.

Thank you,
    Link

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Does reading the stats Views and Visitors support doc at https://en.support.wordpress.com/stats/#views-and-visitors help?

Our stats are page view stats. https://en.support.wordpress.com/stats/ If I visit your blog and click into 10 posts that will be recorded as 1 visitor and 10 page views. But please do not assume that everyone who clicks a follow, like, share, reblog or comment link actually reads the post on your blog because odds are they may not.

Follow, like, share, reblog or comment clicks are not page views. In fact, follows, likes, shares, comments and reblogs are completely misleading when you are talking about page view stats. That is because your followers and anyone with a WordPress.com/Gravatar account who is logged into WordPress.com can “follow” your blog, “like”, “share” and “reblog” your posts and “comment” in several locations such as the Reader, without ever clicking into your blog and creating a single page view stat. Subscribers control how frequently they receive your posts (instantly, daily, weekly) and can comment without clicking into the blog.

Logged in wordpress.com members can read full posts in the wordpress.COM Reader now, so there is no incentive for them to click into your site.

WordPress.COM social networking sharing icons display the number of times people visited the actual post/page and clicked to share it. WordPress.COM does not have access to the share counts for shares made on the social networking sites themselves.

• so does that mean if I share a link to my post on something like reddit, I won’t get any views? My most recent Post about Chicago didnt get any views when people on reddit are viewing it and commenting about it. however, my Kanye post got views and I did post it on reddit. What is the difference between these posts? thats 2 posts in a row that aren’t getting views

• Hi Link, I see some views for that post here in your top posts for the recent 7 days. Does that look accurate or are you missing some views?

• I dont know anymore. My wordpress doesnt pick up reddit views 100% i dont mind because at least I know people are reading it but it would be nice to see how much of an effect reddit has.

• Could you possibly post a link to the reddit thread so I can troubleshoot why views might not be showing?

• It was on here where it first occured. The previoua time i posted one about Kanye, and I got all the views from that post pop up in my stats. However, since then the views havent added up

Heres another one with 305 views and people talking but nothing on my stats page

Thanks for the help

• OK, I can see you do have some referrers from Reddit here.

Views on the Reddit thread itself do not necessarily mean click throughs to your site, though. And commenters could be responding to just the title or only to other commenters.

• Yh i get that. Just thought that the first post I had did so well off reddit. But the same theme didnt continue the next day. Maybe it was a glitch or something. I expect out of the 305 views at least 1 clicked on the link.

• Thanks for your help either way

• From what I can see, a few did. As in the link I gave you, you do have some reddit referrals.

Do note too though that stats aren’t exactly real time, so a referrer that just happened now may not be visible right away.

• The topic ‘Views’ is closed to new replies.