Using the address of my previous blog which is not deleted but inactive

• Author

avannaday

I changed my site address, but chose not to permanently delete my old address in case I wanted to use it again. Since then, this old address has remained inactive). Is there anyway that I can use my old address on my current blog.

(I did export content from my current blog to my old blog and then make my old blog my primary, but there is no way to transfer the followers I have on my current blog).

The blog I need help with is bestleftspoken.wordpress.com.

auxclass

Flagged for the staff – maybe they can transfer your followers

rootjosh
    Staff

Can you be more specific about what address you are currently using and which one you want to use?

I’m seeing two WordPress.com sites under your account, both with the same (or at least mostly the same) content.

avannaday

Okay! I use to use avannaday but then I changed the address to bestleftpoken, which is my primary and has all my followers.

Now, I want to use the avannaday address but I don’t want to lose the followers I have on bestleftspoken.

The reason they look so similar now is because I exported bestleftspoken content and imported it to avannaday. But afterwards I realized that even if I made avannaday my primary blog, all of my followers would be on bestleftspoken.

So now I want to transfer bestleftspoken followers to avannaday, so I can use that as my primary blog.

rootjosh
    Staff

Not a problem, I can help you with that. Just give me a few minutes.

rootjosh
    Staff

I have migrated your subscribers and followers to your new (old) site.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

The topic ‘Using the address of my previous blog which is not deleted but inactive’ is closed to new replies.