URL redirects to deleted page

• Hi,

Very sorry if this is posted in the wrong page but I really do need help. I have setup my website using WP and been using it successfully for past few months. I have recently installed a few SEO related plugins like :

1) All in one SEO
    2) SEO Smart links
    3) XML Site map

Anyway, today I registered my site with Google Webmaster tool and was told I needed some verification. So I followed the tips here :

http://jalaj.net/2007/05/21/get-your-wordpresscom-blog-google-verified/

I created a page and also edited the permalink. However, after I found out it didn’t verify I deleted the said page.

That’s when the problems started. When I click the URL of my website it redirects to the URL of the deleted page created earlier.

Nothing I do will help. I’ve tried changing the home page to static but it still don’t help. It keeps wanting to redirect to the deleted page. I will get 404 most of the time but when I create a page with the same name again it will re-direct to that page.

I don’t think the problem is with the theme but am not sure what the problem is. I suspect its the permalink getting mixed up.

I hope someone could provide some advice. Thanks.

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• The topic ‘URL redirects to deleted page’ is closed to new replies.