URGENT – accidentally cancelled and refunded my domain!

• Author

Okay, so I made a huge error. This morning, I upgraded my free wordpress site, and registered my domain with wordpress.com. After I registered, I didn’t realize that wordpress.com does not allow plugins. So I canceled my domain and requested a refund.

After researching, I realized that I could transfer my domain somewhere else, so now I need to get that domain back!

Is there any way I can reverse my cancelation and refund request?
    The domain I am trying to retrieve is http://www.ministryforstyle.com

The blog I need help with is ministryforstyledotcom.wordpress.com.

Hi there,

I’ll be happy to contact the registrar to see if we can restore ministryforstyle.com to your account, but I cannot guarantee that we will be able to get the domain back. If I am successful, I can send you a manual payment request form for you to repurchase the domain.

I will let you know once I hear back from the registrar.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

hi darnell I got an email from a colleague of yours and I have paid for the domain manually via email request sent to me and I see this on my purchases but it says payment method NONE (even though I have already been charged on my credit card and the refund from before has not come through so I’ve been double charged).

When I click edit domain settings it also tells me to resend verification email and when I click that it says unable to send ICAAN verification email.

It has been 3 days and still not working please help.

Hey there,

I checked and we have yet to hear back from the registrar regarding the restoration of the domain. I take it since the request was made over the weekend, that is the cause of the delay. However, we should hear back from them today and I’ll keep you updated once I hear from them. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Thank you Darnell please keep me posted :)

Definitely!

bruceallen
    Staff

Hello @ministryforstyle

The domain has been restored to your account!

Let us know if you need anything else!

i made the same error….help

siobhyb
    Staff

@lasanteetplus: Do you still need your domain back? I’ve emailed you to discuss further.

The topic ‘URGENT – accidentally cancelled and refunded my domain!’ is closed to new replies.