Upgrading to WordPress Premium

• Author

Hi, I’ve had a WordPress site for a few years (free plan) and I’m thinking of upgrading to the Premium plan. I just wanted to check that all my old content will be transferred to my upgraded site, including my followers etc.?

Hey @notsomoderngirl,

Upgrading to a premium plan is a brilliant growth asset to your website. Your content, followers everything stay intact. In fact, you gain more scope to better your site. It brings you to explore and experiment significant features ranging from simple payments to SEO.

However, your site is subject to change in design and appearance only as and when you make manual changes to the site. With a premium plan, you will.

Just to back you up from the right source, here is a link to a forum thread addressing a similar query:
    https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/upgrading-170/

Hope this helps. All the best on your step forward.

Hi,

Thank you for your swift reply, I think it’s a fantastic investment. Just a quick follow-up question: if after a year I decide I do not want to continue with the Premium plan, what happens then? Can I revert back to my WordPress site as a wordpress.com free plan?

Thank you for your help.

@notsomoderngirl,

You are welcome. I am glad I could be of assistance. Now to share the last input:

Just a quick follow-up question: if after a year I decide I do not want to continue with the Premium plan, what happens then? Can I revert back to my WordPress site as a wordpress.com free plan?

Yes, you are right. Upon downgrading from a plan you are back to the website on a free plan. However, custom domains if any activated during the premium plan term will be relieved from your rights and all the other premium features will take leave.

You also have an option to hold on to your custom domain through domain renewal which is billed annually.

Every free plan allows you to have multiple subdomains. Below are a few examples of what a subdomain looks like:
    write.wordpress.com
    learn.wordpress.com
    dreams.wordpress.com

Notice the .wordpress.com tailing around your blog/site name? That’s a free plan limitation.

Other than the above mentioned alterations, your content, followers gained will come with you.

Hope this helps.

The topic ‘Upgrading to WordPress Premium’ is closed to new replies.