Upgraded to Business Plan – All pages with [display-posts] shortcode broken

• Author

I upgraded to the Business plan about an hour and a half ago and installed two plugins before I noticed that all of my pages with display-post shortcode showed code instead of listing posts (see below). I disabled both plugins and there’s no change. An example page is here: https://pragmaticcompendium.com/recent-posts/

this is what shows on that page since the upgrade:
    [display-posts author=”pragmaticcommunication” image_size=”thumbnail” wrapper=”div” posts_per_page=”50″ include_date=”true” order=”DESC” orderby=”date” include_excerpt=”true” ]

What happened? Do I have to cancel my Business upgrade and go back to premium?

The blog I need help with is pragmaticcompendium.com.

Spent a few hours with online support chat and got my site back to pre-upgrade status. I had to install a shortcode plugin which repaired MOST of my [display-posts] shortcode : https://wordpress.com/plugins/display-posts-shortcode

One thing I figured out and something to look for in broken [display-posts] code is the shape of the quotes. Code needs straight quotes. The upgrade somehow changed some (not all) of my [display-posts] shortcode taxonomy to something called smart quotes, which are quotes that curl inward toward the quoted text. I replaced the smart quotes with straight quotes.

The upgrade reset a bunch of widget content to previous states so I had to do some editing. Not too bad.

Also, any “hidden” widget content was reset and – at least in my case, using the Edin theme – there’s no way to hid it. Every option has a red X next to it. I just deleted the widgets instead of hiding them. If want to use them again, I’ll need to recreate them.

fstat
    Staff

That’s good to know and thank you for the update!

The topic ‘Upgraded to Business Plan – All pages with [display-posts] shortcode broken’ is closed to new replies.