Unordered lists

• Author

ryrhino00

Hi,

I made a page on my blog with a lot of links. I would like to add some headers to separate the links and move some of the links to different positions. I don’t want to type the links over again.

Please tell me the easiest way to do so.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is brainbombsandchronicpain.wordpress.com.

ryrhino00

How do I change the background color of parts of my posts or pages before they are published?

ryrhino00

Why are some questions that are posted later than my questions answered before those who post later and at the same time as my question?

An example I see questions with the freshness of 30 minutes answered before questions later than that. Please explain. Shouldn’t question be answered in the order they are asked? I am not upset about that just curious.

I made a page on my blog with a lot of links. I would like to add some headers to separate the links and move some of the links to different positions. I don’t want to type the links over again.

Is there a block I can use to make it easier for me to move the links around? If so which block?

ryrhino00

Which block can I use to achieve this if any? If a block is not able to help me what is the easiest way to move links around? If I can copy and paste them please tell me how to do so.

Curious why some questions that are asked are answered before questions at the same time and later that these questions were posted?

ryrhino00

Sorry repeated my questions two times.

Hi,

Let me try to address all of your questions here.

I would like to add some headers to separate the links and move some of the links to different positions. I don’t want to type the links over again.

You can add Heading Blocks wherever you want ton your page.
    If you don’t want to type the links again, you can just copy and paste them.
    You can also move the whole block:

https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/#moving-blocks

How do I change the background color of parts of my posts or pages before they are published?

You will want to separate those parts so they are independent blocks. If you click Enter after the last sentence, everything after it will be moved to a new Paragraph Block. Then you’ll be able to modify the color of the background for that block:

https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/paragraph-block/#color-settings

Why are some questions that are posted later than my questions answered before those who post later and at the same time as my question?

The staff replies to threads from oldest to newest, with the exception of threads that are urgent (like expired domains). If you add a new reply to the thread, you are moving it to the back of the queue.
    The volunteers and community members are free to reply to the threads they know the answer to.

ryrhino00

@fresatomica

Thanks for your help.

Another question. How do I add a button to a blog that can be clicked on to take a person to the top of the page or post? Is that available?

kokkieh
    Staff

You’ll do that through what’s called a page jump link.

If possible, add a heading block to the top of your page. In the Advanced tab of the block settings you’ll see a space to add an ID attribute. Add a unique term there – top would work in this case. If you want to do this on multiple pages, it’s best to use a unique ID for each page, e.g. tophome, topcontact, etc.

You can also do this without a heading at the top of the page, but then you’ll need to switch to the HTML view of the editor and add an empty div with the ID at the top:

<div id="top"> </div>

Next, add your button using a button block, and add a link to the button. For the link target, just add #top, instead of a full URL (or whatever ID value you added to the heading block).

Once you publish the page that button should now take people to the point where you added that ID.

ryrhino00

If possible, add a heading block to the top of your page. In the Advanced tab of the block settings you’ll see a space to add an ID attribute. Add a unique term there – top would work in this case. If you want to do this on multiple pages, it’s best to use a unique ID for each page, e.g. tophome, topcontact, etc.

You can also do this without a heading at the top of the page, but then you’ll need to switch to the HTML view of the editor and add an empty div with the ID at the top:

<div id=”top”> </div>

I want to put the top button on the bottom of the page so that people can click on the button and are able to go to the top of the page. Does that button go on top or bottom of the page?

I was able to create a button that said top but I was unable to make the ID attribute work.
    For the ID do I need to add # before the ID or without the #?
    If I want to use the HTML do I put in the ID attribute in between the two >#example<

Where on the page do I put the HTML if I want to use that?

Thanks.

ryrhino00

I am able to add a new heading. I am unable to make the heading into a button. When I try to do so the heading and the button both show.
    How do I make the heading into a button?

I tried following the steps in the link below. The above is what happened.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/page-jumps/

ryrhino00

On some of my pages, I was able to add a heading. When I try to make the heading into a button the heading and button both show. How do I make the heading into the button?

I tried to follow the steps in the article below but am unable to do so.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/page-jumps/

ryrhino00

I repeated the replies since the first one did not show for a few seconds.

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

I am unable to make the heading into a button. When I try to do so the heading and the button both show.
    How do I make the heading into a button?

Have you followed @kokkieh‘s instructions on how to properly create the button? Also, what’s the post or page you’re trying to do this so I can have a closer look?

ryrhino00

Have you followed @kokkieh‘s instructions on how to properly create the button? Also, what’s the post or page you’re trying to do this so I can have a closer look?

Here is the page I have tried to add the top button to so far. I am pretty sure I followed @kokkieh‘s instructions.

I don’t know how to change the header that says Top into a button.

https://brainbombsandchronicpain.wordpress.com/websites-worth-a-look-2/

right now when I click on the top button the link is
    https://brainbombsandchronicpain.wordpress.com/websites-worth-a-look-2/#topwebsites

I would like for people to be able to push the top button on the bottom of the page and be taken to the top of the page but I am doing something wrong.

I want to add a top button to all my posts and pages.

macmanx
    Staff

Hm, I currently see a Button Block, labeled “Top” that links to #topwebsites

Overall, it appears to be set as desired, except that it’s at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

You can move that Button Block to the bottom following the steps at https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/#moving-blocks

ryrhino00

Is it alright to delete the header at the top of the page that says top and will the top button will still work?

If possible, add a heading block to the top of your page.

Why did I need to create a header?

ryrhino00

To be able to drag a block to another part of a page what do I need to click on so that the block can be moved?

ryrhino00

How do I create the top button on my home page?

ryrhino00

how do I make a jump to link to take people to my home page if they click on the header?

Only the header allows you to create a page jump without editing the HTML.
    Have a look at this page to see full instructions:

https://wordpress.com/support/splitting-content/page-jumps/

To be able to drag a block to another part of a page what do I need to click on so that the block can be moved?

You will need to click anywhere on the block to activate it and then hover over its symbol:

The topic ‘Unordered lists’ is closed to new replies.