Unauthorised payment!

• I created a Gravatar account today and didn’t bother taking it further as I was just playing around and thought it would create a little profile pic for my Skype account. It seems that by creating this account, WordPress has charged my bank account £15.00 today – completely unauthorised!! I never once got any warning that a payment would be taken and I DID NOT PROVIDE PAYMENT DETAILS – so you must have used payment details I have on file for another WordPress account.

I am so furious you cannot believe. How dare you take money without authorisation or warning?

I want this refunded immediately.

• Gravatar is free; is there any chance you signed up for something else? Also I don’t see any charges associated with this account.

Also, if the charge is from us it should say wpchrg.com on it. You can go to that site and use the secure form to look for the charge, then contact billing directly about a refund.

• After a lot of digging it seems that yet again WordPress have managed to turn on autorenew on a site I wasn’t going to renew and have helped themselves to money without my permission. And not even had the decency to email me about the payment so I have to find out by seeing it on my bank account.

I have sent an unauthorised payment issue to the billing team and will never use WordPress again because of this constant habit of turning on autorenew without my permission. Not the first time it’s happened and I’m sick of chasing to get my money back.

• Ah. This is a different account. Can you head to https://wordpress.com/me/purchases and cancel the domain if you don’t want it? Then update us here right away and we’ll see if we can get the refund. We can do this as long as the charge is recent.

Just note the domain will stop working, and will not be available for re-purchase. If you are still using it, you’ll want to transfer it instead of cancelling.

• I have cancelled the domain and requested a refund.

Wordpress really must stop auto renew from constantly switching back on when it’s been turned off. Very very bad.

• The topic ‘Unauthorised payment!’ is closed to new replies.