Unable to make payment for registering custom domain

• Author

darshkhetan

Hello,
    I wish to register a custom domain on WordPress for my website mentioned below, but am facing the following issues with it that I wish to be resolved:
    1. I tried using a MasterCard and a VISA card with sufficient funds in each of them

The blog I need help with is darshkhetandk.wordpress.com.

darshkhetan

2. My account seems to not have the option of making a payment using PayPal either.
    3. I see varying prices for the registration of the same domain on the web platform of WordPress and on the Windows application of the same (screenshots attached herewith).

Kindly help me register this domain at the earliest.

Thank you.

Hi darshkhetan,

1. I tried using a MasterCard and a VISA card with sufficient funds in each of them

I’ve checked your account and the error I’m seeing indicates the payments were blocked by your card provider because international payments are not supported on those particular cards. If you haven’t done so already, pease contact your card providers and check whether this feature is enabled because it isn’t always by default.

2. My account seems to not have the option of making a payment using PayPal either.

PayPal are unable to process payments in INR — we would need to switch your account to another currency like USD for that option to be available at the checkout.

3. I see varying prices for the registration of the same domain on the web platform of WordPress and on the Windows application of the same

Thanks for the screenshots! The message implies the domain cost isn’t being deducted from the plan in the Windows app. It would be great if you could send the app and operating system version numbers so we can look into this in more detail.

darshkhetan

To bring to your notice, I found out that WordPress accepts payments from the following 4 cards – VISA, MasterCard, Discover and AMEX. I have tried making payments through all four of these debit cards, but only in vain. Each time the transaction was declined.
    It seems like WordPress has ruled out the option of making payments through Debit Cards altogether (despite the tab saying “Credit or debit card” as seen in the screenshot of WordPress Web attached earlier in my query), and only wishes to accept payments through Credit Cards in order to keep charging the recurring annual subscription costs even if the subscriber does not renew it, instead of terminating the subscription.
    I hereby request you to suggest me a way around to make the required payment using a Debit Card only.

supernovia
    Staff

Thank you. It looks like you were able to make the payment — did you need more help with this still?

The topic ‘Unable to make payment for registering custom domain’ is closed to new replies.