Unable to add media – errors

• The last few days I’ve experienced an increasing number of errors with my wordpress site. The two most recent are:

“Post-processing of the image failed likely because the server is busy or does not have enough resources. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2500 pixels.”
    – The images being uploaded were 1200 pixels, the size I always upload.

“Unexpected response from the server. The file may have been uploaded successfully. Check in the Media Library or reload the page.”
    – This error comes when trying to add media to the site. Occasionally one photo will upload, but most often I can’t get anything to upload. It’s been a problem all day.

I updated to the latest version of wordpress a few days ago and am wondering if it’s that? I updated a few plugins too, but just combed through those and nobody else seems to be reporting these types of issues. I need to update my site and am at a loss. I contacted my hosting service (godaddy) and they could not find a solution either. They recommended I try the “Enable jQuery Migrate Helper” plugin, but it has not resolved my issue.

I am a total novice and just trying to make my site work. Looking forward to any thoughts folks might have on these issues.

• Hi there,

Can you please let me know your site’s address so I can point you in the right direction of getting support?

Please note that these forums are for WordPress.com hosted sites only. If your site is using the open-source WordPress.org software you need to seek help at these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

• mikeandsandinelsonrealestate · Member ·

Turns out I was posting in the wrong place. Also after spending all day talking to support with my host (GoDaddy) it turns out they are having issues in how they’re communicating with WordPress…which they didn’t admit until I’d been working on the issue for 7+ hours. So I’m going to mark this solved to get it out of folks’ faces.

• The topic ‘Unable to add media – errors’ is closed to new replies.