Two Different Editors?

• A long time ago, I created a WordPress account for a blog. It was active for a few years, then I stopped. In November, I came back to WordPress for a new project. Most of what I remember for using WP hadn’t changed, but there’s new stuff now. What I call the ‘old’ editor has a black and white color scheme, and there are a ton of options and specifics that really let me change what I want to. The ‘new’ editor is blue and white and is very much simplified.
    – Why are there two editors?
    – Can I keep using the ‘old’ editor as long as I want to? The new one just seems to have a lot missing.
    – The ‘new’ editor’s breaking point for me is that it keeps track of revisions and drafts by what browser is used. If I write a post on my lunch break at work and then come home; the draft can’t be pulled up on my home PC.

This is all very confusing to me since there seem to be two entirely different segments for help and other articles, some referring to the ‘old’ editor and some to the ‘new’, with no clear delineation between the two.

• yes you can keep using the old classic editor – that is all I use – I have seen too many problems in the forum with the Blue Death Editor – I like having the revisions etc. on the web and the Classic Editor does what I need and I am used to it

• I seem to have ‘upgraded’ to the new editor without much thought. Can anybody show me how to switch back to more versatile ‘classic editor’ as default? Thank you!

• You can’t default to the good classic editor – the staff fixed that for you some months ago and not force you to the new Blue Death Editor – several changes made in the middle of the night with no notice

but you can go back to the good Classic Editor

https://jyour-site.wordpress.com/wp-admin/edit.php

• Dear auxclass, thanks for your input. I see people have very different takes on ‘improvements’…

• When the Blue Death Editor first came out – there was a config box you could pick and it let you set the default back to the good Classic Editor – that box and the config just disappeared one night – staff said it was not used much – well – if you set a configuration many times you don’t go back and change it – I have config settings on my site that I have not changed in 6 years – so by staff thinking maybe those should be eliminated also??

• Thanks for the responses. I understand what happened now, if not the reasons for it. Rationally speaking, I have no idea how the blue editor is sufficient enough for anyone who seriously wants to manage their website. Here’s to hoping they never force it on everyone…

• I think the Blue Death editor was not being used much – so rather than win in the market place they just closed the streets to the good store and made you walk the way long way around

good luck with your new site

• The topic ‘Two Different Editors?’ is closed to new replies.