tumblr import

• I’m trying to import content from tumblr, but wordpress keeps linking to the wrong account no matter how many times I disconnect and re-log in to the correct tumblr. Can someone help with this?

• Hi @marswhitepapers, would you be willing to try logging into the correct Tumblr using an incognito window, then log into WordPress.com to start your import?

• Tried this. Made absolutely no difference. I log into the right tumblr account, wordpress asks for permission to read/write it, and then it connects to the wrong account — I don’t know why or how… :/

• Please try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, then log into WordPress.com and try the import again.

That will take care of it. :)

• Nope, I’ve tried that numerous times over a period of weeks now. Nothing helps. WordPress will not acknowledge the tumblr I am logged into, it keeps “connecting” me to a different one.

• What Tumblr site are you trying to import? The importer on your WordPress.com site currently shows it’s connected to mars-whitepapers.tumblr.com

If it’s a different site you’re trying to import now, let us know and we can manually disconnect that one.

• Yes, it is a different one. I had already created two wordpress accounts because of this problem, thinking maybe you couldn’t import more than one tumblr account to one wordpress account. So now I have two wordpress accounts connected to the same tumblr, and can’t disconnect either of them.

• Hi there,

Is marswhitepapers the account you want both blogs under? What is the name of the other WordPress.com account that you have?

You can indeed have more than one Tumblr blog under your WordPress.com account. Therefore, what you will need to do is create a second site under the account where you want to import your Tumblr blogs to. If you want me to reset the importer for https://mars-whitepapers.tumblr.com/ and empty the site content on https://thelastresort650647151.wordpress.com/ so that you can start everything from scratch, I’d be happy to do that. Then you can make sure you’re logged into the correct account, create the second site, and import each Tumblr blog content to their respective WordPress.com blog that you created.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

• My other wordpress account is fine (thank god), it’s the one I started with, but now I want to use marswhitepapers for my other tumblr account, and it keeps connecting to the same tumblr (and secondary blog) I imported to my first wordpress account, gah!! Can you just tell marswhitepapers NOT to connect to the old tumblr account? Reset the importer, please? Thank you. If you have to delete the content already there, that’s okay. Otherwise it can stay, I don’t care about that.

• Are you able to connect the tumblr account from the button on https://thelastresort650647151.wordpress.com/wp-admin/admin.php?import=tumblr

Let me know if that works. The importer has also been reset.

• able to connect and import has finished – thank you!

• The topic ‘tumblr import’ is closed to new replies.