trying to comment on blogspot with wordpress user login or openid

• i’m trying to make a post on blogspot.com. the option to post is to login with a wordpress account. i enter my username/login id and hit publish and it fowards me to wordpress. till here is expected, so i can login to my wordpress account and verify my identity. but then … nothing. it just enters me into my account and nothing. i expect it to return to me back to the blogspot.com post i was trying to comment on and publish my comment. it does not.

i tried manually going back to the blogspot.com and it does not show my comment/post. i tried commenting not logged in and it takes me to wordpress to login, but then just enters my account. i tried commenting already logged in to see if it made a difference, it does not.

try to comment on blogspot as a wordpress user just directs me to wordpress. wth?

• Good day,

What is the URL of this website you’re trying to write a comment to?

From my understanding of your situation, this blog post isn’t on a wordpress.com website. If that’s the case, I would suggest you open a support ticket on the site’s support forums instead.

• thanks for the comment, but no. i stated above the site is blogspot.com. people host blogs on it (like wordpress, e.g. myblog.blogspot.com). but if you want to comment on that site you have to do so as a user of an account, like google, or LiveJournal, or OpenId protocol, orrrrr your WordPress account is an option.

problem is, it’s not working. trying to comment as a WordPress user just redirects you to your site to login, but then doesn’t complete the loop to finish the comment back on blogspot.com.

• what’s with the off-topic spam ajeet

• does anybody at wordpress actually work here / answer these?

• There are Staff and Happiness Engineers. Because there are many new threads open every day, there are other members who volunteer their time to help out with issues.

I have added the tag “modlook” for a Staff to take a look.

• @anonuserposting again i’m guessing the issue is due to a suspension on your account, which can cause some normal features to stop working for you. If you’ll get in touch with TOS to sort that out, things will work more normally for you.

• Also as we aren’t able to resolve TOS issues in our public forums, I’ll go ahead and close your existing threads for now. Once that’s resolved, if you need more help you can start a new thread.

• The topic ‘trying to comment on blogspot with wordpress user login or openid’ is closed to new replies.