Transforming iframe to gigya shortcode to embed

• Author

Hi,
    I made a quiz on proprofs and while it gave clear instructions on how to embed it on wordpress.com blogs I don’t seem to have the html editor button that will actually read the embed code.

I also embedded a prezi on my blog but used the gigya shortcode to embed it.

Can anyone help me figure out the gigya shortcode for this:

<iframe name=’proprofs’ id=’proprofs’ width=’450′ height=’500′ frameborder=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 src=’http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=present-continuous-tense_7&id=468882&ew=430′></iframe><div style=’font-size:10px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;’>Present Continuous Tense ยป Quiz Maker</div>

The blog I need help with is ksupygrammartutorials.wordpress.com.

justpi

The gigya shortcode works for flash code only (tag “embed” or “object” or both).

Hi

Thanks so much for your response. Is there anything I can do to embed this quiz then?

justpi

You’re welcome.
    You can’t embed it – you can only link to it.

llamadojorge

Well, you can, if you convert your iframe to flash as explained here

Thank you.

I followed the instructions above: opened Tagul, shortened the URL using bitly and then inserted in the code.

I got an N/A on my page which is more than I had before! So, I guess it’s a step in the right direction.

So now I must ask a very stupid question (I have zero knowledge of computer code) : What is the iframe’s url exactly? I mean what part of the embed code I pasted originally constitutes this?

I presume that what I am shortening in bityl is not the correct url hence the N/A on my wordpress page.

Using wordpress just won’t be worth it if I can’t figure out a way to embed these interactive quizzes for my students.

Thank you!

llamadojorge

Taking your example

<iframe name='proprofs' id='proprofs' width='450' height='500' frameborder=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 src='http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=present-continuous-tense_7&id=468882&ew=430'></iframe>

the URL which you have to use is

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=present-continuous-tense_7&id=468882&ew=430

But possibly you ran into another problem as well. Please check the comment section of the post i linked to above, especially the part about curly quotes

PD: Please note that I didn’t test the procedure, so it might not work at all (any more). The original post is two years old…

Thanks for that.

I used the above as the url in bityl and followed your instructions accordingly. This time what got posted to my wordpress page was the sample demo cloud in tagul – not my quiz. Again, a step up from N/A so I hope I’m going in the right direction but why would it read my quiz code as the demo cloud? When I pressed “visualize” in tagul after I had entered in the information it just a said “server internal error” or something like that.

Also, I made sure that there weren’t any curly quotes.

So, any ideas on what’s happening here? I feel like I’m so close…

webmensje

Typing the code manually worked fine for me.

The topic ‘Transforming iframe to gigya shortcode to embed’ is closed to new replies.