Transferring domain name from wordpress.com to shopify

• I am trying to transfer my domain name (sistergolden.com) from wordpress.com to shopify. I tried following the instructions that wordpress provided, but I am stuck. Shopify has prompted me to “Set your A record to our IP address: 204.93.213.45;” however, I am not able to access the DNS Zone File for my Domain. The status of my domain is “Pending Whois Verification”, but when I try to resend the email to confirm, I never receive one. I’ve tried changing the email address, checking spam folders, and clicking resend multiple times – nothing seems to work. I would love some help with transferring my domain. If possible I would like to transfer the hosting to shopify, not keep hosting with wordpress.

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Setting A records is a bit tricky here. You need staff help for that if my memory is correct.

Someone has already flagged this for the staff to help

But you might think about transferring your domain name registration to another registrar that lets you have full control of the domain name settings

• Thanks, auxclass. Any help from wordpress staff would be much appreciated.

• Hi sistergolden,

I checked the Shopify Manual for Domains, and according to that manual Shopify doesn’t accept incoming domain transfers. That means you’ll need to keep your domain registered at a different registrar; you won’t be able to transfer it directly to Shopify.

If you’d like, you can do what auxclass mentioned and transfer your domain registration to a different registrar (for example, GoDaddy). You can use our guide to transfer your domain: Transfer a Domain to Another Registrar

From there, you can use Shopify’s instructions to point your domain to your Shopify store: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/outside-provider

If you decide to keep your domain registered here at WordPress.com but use the domain with your Shopify store, please let me know and I can help you get that set up here. :)

• Hi Rachel,

I would like to keep my domain registered with WordPress but use it with my Shopify store. Is there anyway you could help me?

Thanks!

• Hi thebackroommtl,

I see that you posted a support request for this issue over here:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/transfer-domain-from-wordpress-to-shopify-2

Please stay tuned and we’ll help you with this in your other thread as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience! :)

• The topic ‘Transferring domain name from wordpress.com to shopify’ is closed to new replies.