Transferring a domain?

• I recently discovered the domain for our organization expired, and that we have to renew it. However, I do not have access to the actual domain itself, since it is on a private user’s account, and that individual is no longer with the organization. Is there any way the domain can be transferred to my own account, without involving this individual (who is not willing to work with us)? Or, is there at least any way I can have access to the materials published on the domain so I can create a new one?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Is there any way the domain can be transferred to my own account, without involving this individual (who is not willing to work with us)?

Domain transfers can only be done by the domain owner themselves. Unless they used an organization email address to set everything up, you’ll need to work directly with them. This isn’t our rule, by the way — it’s ICANN’s way of protecting domain ownership.

Or, is there at least any way I can have access to the materials published on the domain so I can create a new one?

If someone else in the organization has admin access, they can grant you access too.

I hope this helps!

• The topic ‘Transferring a domain?’ is closed to new replies.