there is no items under my pages, I can't add them to the menu???

• I can’t find my pages if I go to Appearance>Menu. there are no items under pages. although I can see them all under Appearance>pages?????

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The pages must be published before they will show up in the custom menu page. Have you published the pages? Also, they cannot be set to “private.”

• Troubleshooting – My Pages aren’t appearing in my custom menu
    They must be public pages – not private.
    Public – The page will be visible to everyone.
    Protected – The page is protected with a password you set. Only people who have the password can view a protected page.
    Private – Pages are only visible to blog Editors and Administrators. Private pages are not visible in Blog Surfer, feeds, or in any search. A page can be private without being password protected.
    see > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/page-visibility/

• artwovenlife · Member ·

hi,
    thank you so much.
    but is there any way to do that(add pages to the menu) without make it public, I am not ready to publish it yet!. I want to see the complete site before publishing it to the public?

• The pages have to be published. You cannot put a draft page on the menu. It would create a 404 error and that is bad from a search engine point of view (not to mention irritating anyone who would click on that menu item and not find anything).

thank you so much….
    I did that and it looks ok. but the home page now does not showed automatically, I have to click Home in the menu bare to open the page.
    thank you

• The main page of your site is your “blog” (posts) page. Is that not what you want?

no, it is the Home page

• No, it might be labeled “home” in the menu, but it is the main dynamic page that will show all of your posts once you have more than one. Grand Themes and Fleeting Moments is a “post.”

Did you create a page called “home” that you want to use as your main landing page?

• The main landing page for my site is the blog page. I would like to create a tab in the top menu bar for all posts, but can only create menu tabs by creating pages.
    I am using Triton Lite which supposedly supports one menu. When I go to ‘Menu’ under Appearances, I add a page and label it Blog. Then go to Posts, select all, and try to add them, but it won’t let me.
    Am I doing the wrong thing, or is there another way? Or is this not a function that I am able to create and I should stop wasting time trying to work out how?
    Thanks to anyone that knows the answer!

oh, yes I did create a page called “home” and I want it to be my landing page. My them is Linen.
    is there any way to send you a screenshot?
    I appreciate your help…

• @artwovenlife, then follow the instructions here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/front-page/

@rachellshanya, you do not “add posts to pages.” Pages are static and sit outside of the blog structure and are for static content which seldom, if ever changes such as an about or contact page. We really need more information on what you are wanting to accomplish. Do you also want a different front page that does not include posts?

• The topic ‘there is no items under my pages, I can't add them to the menu???’ is closed to new replies.