theme Digg 3, Tagline wont show & calender

• Hi

i am new here (a day old)can anyone share if tagline in theme DIGG 3 wldnt show up?also my calender widget isint highlighting todays date. although in General options its showing correctly as 13th but on main page of site 12 th is highlighted and the post i made too is dated 12th.

any ideas.

• Hey.

It always helps if you link your blog to your profile or post a link of it in your post.

I am using the digg theme as well and you are right, there isn’t an option to have the tagline displayed. However if you really want it that much you could create your own custom header in a application such as photoshop and have it on there?

As for the calendar, that only highlights if there is a post made on that day. Did you make a post today?

• Actually, I got the tagline to show, but I think it was some kind of bug…

Go to custom header image or whatever it’s called, and ‘hide text’ and ‘show text’ right after you hid it. Once I showed it again, it came with the tagline, but it wasn’t alligned properly. I’m not sure if this will work with you though…

• Thanks for the inputs, the blog is http://mysaphr.wordpress.com/ yes i understand calender only displays if a post is made..thats precisely my problem although i made a post today…its not showing todays date.it is showing as if its been posted yesterday 12th.(1 day b4)

hide text, show text is working only when i am in there, ones i update the profile it aint showing. :(

also the contents of my “PAGES” when searched are not showing up :(

• @hnersu
    (1) Calendar
    All information displayed in sidebars is cached and takes awhile to show up. However, if the the problem persists for more than 1/2 a day then contact staff for help http://wordpress.com/contact-support/

(2) You’re right pages do not show up in searches conducted through the search widget. Titles and key words in posts do. Pages sit outside the blog structure and are for static content that rarely, if ever, changes. Categories cannot be assigned to them. They do not automatically update and they lack the Google juice that posts have.

(3) Some themes like Regulus have a default display of a small About profile biography in the sidebar. However, once the default configuration is changed these no longer display. Misty Look also has a profile feature. The vast majority of other themes do not have such features. The solution is to create an “About” page and place your profile information on it.

Please take note of this link to a Beginner’s Guide https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=11280

• Thanks for the reply, thats really unfortunate that pages dont show up in searches..all the content thats made availble in those pages go waste. Can u explain what you meant by Key words in Posts do? Title of the post, attaching the post to categories i understand..but does the content in the post show up in search?

thanks again :)

• The content on your pages does not “have to go to waste”. You can simply publish occasionally a Pages Update post with links to all the pages in it and VOILA! you have accomplished your purpose.

Google and all other search engines pick up key words, tags and categories for indexing purposes. For more information on choosing key words you can do a google blog search and get results how to choose keywords There are also tag generators you can use like this one http://www.keotag.com/tagger.php to display tags on your blog.

• My calendar works well for the same theme. I’m kind of worried about the pages though. I couldn’t get all my pages up at first, so I had to shuffle the ones I didnt mind not showing so that the pages I wanted to show would…if you can understand that. So I guess my question on this theme is…is the limit to pages showing as tabs at the top of my blog limited to just one row of tabs?

• @ophilia 1
    When a new theme is introduced we do not get any accompanying information with it. We have no idea which features have been left out of the original version when it was adapted for wordpress.com. Only staff can answer your number of pages question. However, there are ways to deal with too many pages at the top of your blog when it becomes unsightly http://faq.wordpress.com/2007/07/01/i-have-too-many-pages-at-the-top-of-my-blog/

• Am I right in saying that none of the WP dot com themes do a full drop down menu?

• I have never seen a full drop down menu for pages on a wordpress.com theme.

• thanks for all inputs :)

• @hnersu
    You’re welcome – happy blogging. :)

• Those horizontal menus without drop downs (all of them) are not suitable for folks with high amounts of page content. Incidentally one way to turbo charge the Google juice is to find any excuse in your blog posts to link internally to your own prior static content ensuring that the keywords themselves go in the link .

• @atthe404
    (1) I agree
    (2) Thanks for the tip. :)

• The topic ‘theme Digg 3, Tagline wont show & calender’ is closed to new replies.