Theme 2014 Changing Menu Color/White Space Usage

• Author

Great work – pagination is just fine and the space is reduced between the headings. About the search symbol:

On the homepage, there is automatically a search symbol and function (magnifying glass) at the end of the main navigation (along the top). I don’t need it and the grey box around it gets in the way of my moving the titles (green oblong) up just a bit. I’d like the top of the title images to be about where the bottom of the grey box around the magnifying glass is now.

so:

1. Can the magnifying glass in the main navigation go away?
    2. Can the space between the main navigation and page titles be reduced a little bit?

Thank you!

dkmyta
    Staff

Hey!

Seems as though this response got lost way down the list.

Can the magnifying glass in the main navigation go away?

Okay, so we’ve got two options here.

If you want to remove it all together and have everything shift over to fill in, this will do the trick:

.search-toggle {
        display: none;
    }

Or if you want it just to disappear but everything stay in place, this is the one:

.search-toggle {
        visibility: hidden;
    }

Can the space between the main navigation and page titles be reduced a little bit?

Now, I hope I’ve got this straight here – your wanting the green oblong title to move up slightly to the bottom of the main menu.

If I am correct, this is what you need to enter in:

.page-template h1.entry-title {
        margin-top: 0;
    }

Let me know if that does the trick.

Cheers

Perfect solutions, thank you!

dkmyta
    Staff

You are very welcome!

The topic ‘Theme 2014 Changing Menu Color/White Space Usage’ is closed to new replies.