The subscribe button says following?? Indeed of help!

• So I added the subscribe widget to the homepage of my website/blog, I went to preview it and the button says “follow” instead of subscribe. There is also NOT a box for people to place their email address to subscribe for emails.

Any help is appreciated, I have been working on this for a few days and I can not figure it out.

Please and thank you,

Meghan

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• If you are logged in to WordPress.com, you’ll see the option to Follow the blog in the WordPress.com Reader, where you can choose to also receive new posts via email.

If you are not logged in to WordPress.com, you’ll see the option to Subscribe to the blog by email only.

• Ok so if I’m not logged in or editing it will have the box where u type ur email in and the subscribe button next to it correct? And obviously my site has to be launched too for others to see it even myself?

I just want to make sure i am under or his right.

Thank you

• Ok so if I’m not logged in or editing it will have the box where u type ur email in and the subscribe button next to it correct?

That’s correct. :)

And obviously my site has to be launched too for others to see it even myself?

Yes, your site is publicly visible, but it is currently hidden from search engines: https://wordpress.com/support/settings/privacy-settings/

• Thank you for your help. I hope when I launch.. it’ll work lol

• It will, but if not, please just let us know. :)

• The topic ‘The subscribe button says following?? Indeed of help!’ is closed to new replies.