the plugs in premium plan

• Hello. I want to have a magazine web page and found this amazing theme called ‘Perennial
    by DesignOrbital’
    How can I make my page exactly 100% the same as the demo? Because when I tried to subscribe for premium plan I couldn’t make it the same
    wordpress required me to be in business plan and to upload plugs so that I can make it the same or otherwise it won’t look as the demo at all
    is that real?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi trilorej,

I just checked it out. It’s an amazing theme! I just tried it in my site, and it seemed to integrate ok. Exactly which features were not working out for you?

I tried clicking the link to your blog, but it seems you have it set to “private”. Because you already have a premium plan, if you want help, but want to keep your site private, then a chat session with a staff member would be the best way to go. You can start your live chat with a staff member from this link.
    https://wordpress.com/help/contact

If you want more help here on the forum, please tell us a little more detail about exactly what you are trying to achieve. All the best!

• I have had the premium plan but canceled it because i have been asked to upgrade if I want to install plugs that helps me to represent my web page exactly as the theme itself.
    Can I have the same as the three things that says About me Photo stories and Contact? Because this requires a plug
    Can I control the font size? Make lines bigger than the others? Because this requires a plug too

• OK, I see. Just to make things clearer, who exactly told you the following?

I have had the premium plan but canceled it because i have been asked to upgrade if I want to install plugs that helps me to represent my web page exactly as the theme itself.

Have you had prior contact with staff?

Can I have the same as the three things that says About me Photo stories and Contact?

I’m not sure I understand. I couldn’t find these three exact things on the demo site. Are you referring to the menu at the bottom of the page? The demo has “About Contact Advertise Privacy Terms” in this menu. If that menu is what you’re talking about, then that can be achieved without using an extra plugin! (Hurray!) You would have to set that up using the Customizer, which I would be happy to explain if that is indeed what you’re talking about.

Font size and line changes are most likely doable with CSS customization, but you would need a paid plan to edit the CSS code of your site.

• Which plan for the CSS customization?
    I’m referring to one which is “Right beneath the slider, the featured pages”
    Is WordPress your original host? Because if it is I don’t really know how could you have the same exact theme without plugins

• Custom CSS is part of the Premium and Business plans.
    Custom CSS

Sorry, but maybe I’ve got your question confused… I’m looking at the demo page by DesignOrbital for the theme “Perennial”.
    http://themes.designorbital.com/perennial/
    I’m still not sure what menu you are referring to. Have I got the correct demo page?

Yes, I have installed this on a WordPress.com site and it was quite straight forward. I’m sorry you are having so much trouble with it.

I’m going to add the modlook tag to this discussion so we can get a staff member to look into the situation for you, too.
    How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question?

Feel free to continue writing to this forum thread. I will help out as much as I can and a staff member should see this in a few hours or so, too.

• I apologize i was mistaken
    This is the theme i was talking about
    https://wordpress.com/theme/veni/thetrilorejournal.wordpress.com

Are you sure about the font size? Because when I looked it up everything says that I have to be in business plan in order to install plugins that could allow me to control the font size

• trilorej –

Font size can be edited with html in posts and pages quite easily. Is this where you’re looking to make changes? Or is it somewhere else on the site?

• OK, no wonder why I wasn’t seeing what you were seeing!

I have gone and installed the Veni theme on my test site. Again, it seems rather straightforward and it’s too bad it didn’t go smoothly for you last time.

The following link will take you to the portion of the theme explanation page that walks you through how to get the different features set up.
    https://wordpress.com/theme/veni/setup/thetrilorejournal.wordpress.com
    On the left, under “Theme Options”, you will find a section labeled “Featured Pages”. This explains how to get three pages featured right under the slider. In short, once you have installed the theme…

1. Create 3 pages you want to feature under the slider.
    2. Once the pages are made, click on “Customize” from the left menu of your site.
    3. Select “Theme Options”.
    4. From the pull-down menus titled “Blog: Featured Page #”, choose the pages you want to feature.

Regarding font sizes etc., I guess if you want to install a plugin to edit it, then, yes, you would need a business plan. However, a plugin is not necessary to edit the font in most ways. To summarize what has already been said, font sizes in your posts and pages can be edited with HTML (in the free plan) and font sizes in the menus and other parts of the theme can be edited with CSS (in the paid plans). The forum community would be more than happy to walk you through those changes, too.

• thank you so much for helping
    So just to make sure there’s no need for plugins in order to make my blog exactly as the theme looks?

• I believe not. If you look through the theme setup page, you will notice it gives some HTML coding to implement for you to get some of the features exactly the same. HTML coding is possible with the freeplans, though, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

• Hi @trilorej, @musicsuzuranbbc is correct… you don’t need any plugins or extra upgrades to get a site here to look like its demo.

If you’re having any trouble with setup, get in touch! Or note there’s a special forum for the theme itself, too, listed here:
    https://wordpress.com/theme/veni/support

Thank you for your help here, @musicsuzuranbbc!

• Noting too, we weren’t able to find the support communication where you were told you needed plugins to achieve that effect. If you can send more info on that though we’ll make sure that’s corrected. Thanks!

• @trilorej >> No worries. All the best!

@supernovia
    >> Happy to be of service!

• The topic ‘the plugs in premium plan’ is closed to new replies.