The Morning After theme: Removing the sidebars

• Author

Hello,
    I would like to know if there is an easy way to remove the sidebars (with the categories, recent posts, archives, links, pages…) on my home page? My theme is The Morning After. I have looked everywhere for an answer but didn’t find anything. I’ve read that The Mourning After theme as an optional full-width page template that removes the sidebar but I don’t know where I can go to choose that option.

Many thanks!

The blog I need help with is brigittecampeau.wordpress.com.

There is a “full-width” template for static pages, but to remove the sidebar on the post related pages (home, categories, tags, archives) it would require the CSS upgrade and some CSS editing experience.

Thanks for your help! I don’t know a lot about CSS so I will leave the sidebar as it is… Thanks again…

sl1k

Hi there! I moved this thread to theme forum…

so question how do i remove it cause i see the thanks and everything i remove it but i changed the theme and now is a total problem for me to rememeber how to do it can oyou tell me how ???

so question how do i remove it cause i see the thanks and everything i remove it but i changed the theme and now is a total problem for me to rememeber how to do it can oyou tell me how ???

timethief

@latitudepanama
    The answer is here. Please read it. https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/the-morning-after-theme-removing-the-sidebars?replies=6#post-590411

Do you have CSS editing experience?
    Are you willing to purchase an annually renewable CSS editing upgrade and do this work yourself?
    That’s the only way it can be done.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-css/

Can you show me an example of a ‘The Morning After’ page which has been altered on CSS? Would like to see the potential this design offers. Thanks! ^^ Matt

timethief

I’m sorry nut we don’t keep records of the same. Perhaps doing forum searches and Google searches is the way to go.

timethief

EDIT: “nut” was meant to be “but”

Matt, setting one of your static pages (such as an about page) to the no-sidebar full width page template in the page editor and then updating it will show you basically what it is going to look like. With such a variance on the designs of the pages with Morning After, there is a lot of adjustments that will need to be made to each page type, and each page type will require separate CSS.

Are you wanting to remove the sidebars from all page types?

timethief

Here’s a start on searching for you > http://tinyurl.com/3rbf69j happy hunting. :)

timethief

~~G’eveing TSP :)

G’evening TT

Thanks to TT and TSP! Great help! =^^=

The topic ‘The Morning After theme: Removing the sidebars’ is closed to new replies.