Text widget won't show up on my page

• Author

Hey, everyone. Thank you so much in advance for assisting me. With that being said, I hope that my explanation of the issue is clear and understandable.

I completed setting up my text widget, when I go preview site or preview it from another computer, on the first page, I see the generic text that says, “This is a text widget, which allows you to add text or HTML to your sidebar. You can use them to display text, links, images, HTML, or a combination of these. Edit them in the Widget section of the Customizer.”

So when I go to edit the widget, on the right of the screen it shows my blog title and picture and the widget with the information I added is there, it’s just that when I go to preview my blog I see that generic text. I read the steps and watch videos on the text widget but it still does the same thing. Not sure what to do or what mistakes I’m making. Any suggestions?

The blog I need help with is vividcolorzblog.wordpress.com.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

It looks like you haven’t published your Customizer changes yet.

Go to the Customizer and click the gear icon at the top. Select Publish, and then click the blue button, which will now say Publish, to make the changes live on your site.

Ohhhh! I thought I did, but I knew I was missing a step. lol! Thank you so much. I will do that.

The topic ‘Text widget won't show up on my page’ is closed to new replies.