Testimonial shortcode random not working?

• Hi – On my home page I’ve got a footer widget with [testimonials showposts=1 orderby=rand]. The issue I’m having is that they don’t appear to load randomly, but always the same when I refresh over and over. What am I doing wrong?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there – this one is interesting. I visited your site in two different browser windows, and saw a different testimonial in each one. First:

Your Writing Coach

Then I opened your site in an incognito browser and saw the other one:

Your Writing Coach Private Browsing

So it seems that the way the randomization works with the testimonial shortcode is that a random testimonial is displayed when someone visits the site, but it doesn’t randomize the testimonial again on each page load.

• Hey kathrynwp, thanks for noticing this! This functionality seem somewhat lackluster. Any thoughts as to what causes the randomization to happen/not happen and is there something I can do to force it? I’m guessing not.

• The testimonial randomization comes from within the Jetpack plugin that’s built into WordPress.com for the testimonials, and I’m afraid there isn’t anything that can be done to change its functionality.

• The topic ‘Testimonial shortcode random not working?’ is closed to new replies.