Suggestion For Sales Team

• Here’s an issue that is surely very familiar to you.

Like most new blogs my site has very little traffic. This week I could literally fit all my unique visitors in the back seat of my van. On a good week I could easily fit them all in my living room.

My site is 3-4 months old. (178 posts so far) If the traffic situation remains the same when it comes time to renew it’s going to be hard to justify the expense of paying for another year, and even harder to justify an upgrade to a higher level account.

I’m mentioning this only because I’m guessing most of your clients are in pretty much the same situation. The technology and support here on WP.com are pretty great, but that’s not going to matter so much in the end unless users can build an audience worth publishing to.

I have tried engaging my audience on Twitter, and that does boost the traffic somewhat. But it takes a couple hours a day on Twitter to get a modest traffic boost, and 48 hours after I stop tweeting the traffic dies. This doesn’t seem a sustainable plan, and um, Twitter is such a trash pile, not that fun.

I’m not sure what the solution is here. All I’m saying is that for my site in particular, and your business more generally, it seems the marketing of sites is the deciding issue.

This obviously is not a WP.com issue, but applies to all blogs everywhere. Unless one has a credible plan for building an audience, the blog will probably die once one gets tired of talking to oneself.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The topic ‘Suggestion For Sales Team’ is closed to new replies.