Storage space for Business plan changed?

• Author

rxesky

Hi,
    I was thinking to sign up with business plan recently, soon I found that storage space for Business plan has changed with limited 200GB only. (previously was unlimited storage space)
    how to get the unlimited storage space with businss plan? Whats happend for the users who purchased business plan with unlimited storage space?

The blog I need help with is futuretour51545801.wordpress.com.

justjennifer

Hi there, thanks for bringing this up.

I’ve tagged this thread for Staff attention and reply. Thanks for your patience while they get back to you.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

This has changed, yes. There is no way to have truly unlimited storage on WordPress.com – we’ve always had this as a soft limit, and until very recently no one had ever exceeded that soft limit.

In order to prevent abuse of our video upload feature in particular we have changed our policy to formalise this limit. With reasonable use of WordPress.com it’s very unlikely that you’ll need more space than that.

radtrad

“There is no way to have truly unlimited storage on WordPress.com…”

Why not?

Wouldn’t it be the case, as in the past, that we could only buy storage?

Wouldn’t it be the case, as in the past, that we could only buy storage?

Yes, you previously could buy additional storage, up to 200 GB, which is what the soft limit has always been.

radtrad

Why not more than this?

Because statistically, we found that out of the millions and millions of sites that have been on WordPress.com over the years, less than a handful have reached that limit. So, it is safe number for 99.99% of our users.

radtrad

Ok, thanks.

Anytime!

The topic ‘Storage space for Business plan changed?’ is closed to new replies.