Still getting the bbb editor when going in to edit an existing post

• Author

I am still getting the new editor when I go in to edit an existing post. I have cookies enabled and I have repeatedly switched to the classic editor. I’m using FF31. Since I often go back to add new links to existing posts, this is a huge problem.

The blog I need help with is explorationvacation.net.

windwhistle

Ditto what travelgalcindy said. It does me no good for you to retain the old editor when the cookie doesn’t work and I have to go through BBB every time I want to do something. (I might even settle for using the new editor if it would just load as fast as the old one — one click, instant load.)

rootjosh
    Staff

Do you get this same issue in Chrome or another browser?

I know that the developers are working on this issue. So the more info we can give them, the faster it will be fixed.

It’s the exact same in Chrome. It keeps using the new editor when I go in to edit an existing post either from the “edit” link on the post image (on the home page or pulled up through a search) or the “edit” link at the end of the post itself – the two ways I use to get into an exisiting post to edit it.

windwhistle

@rootjosh For me it’s both Chrome and Firefox. The cookie is set in both, but I still get sent to BBB.

rootjosh
    Staff

Cool (well, uncool actually, but I appreciate the info).

I will pass it along.

I just discovered this is only a problem with existing POSTS.

When I go to edit an existing PAGE, it takes me right to the classic editor.

How bizarre is that?

Unfortunately, most of what needs editing are posts :-(

windwhistle

@travelgalcindy Checked it out. You’re right. That’s probably the most depressing news I’ve heard all week. :(

@windwhistle Sorry.

windwhistle

WP, hope you’re still working on this, because my problem still exists and it’s very annoying. I feel like you’ve left me (and the relatively few others like me) stuck this way while you go on working out all your problems with the new editor, which could be several months.

timethief

@windwhistle
    I hope the same but being realistic I believe that the bulk of Support Staff appear to be off at some gathering or something this last while.

auxclass

the edit an existing Post and you get the Blue Death Editor all the time and you need to click on the Classic tab if you have a Mapped Domain – it’s a new “feature” – so said the staff in another thread

windwhistle

Yes, and supposedly that sets a cookie so the next time I’ll be taken directly to the classic editor, skipping the new one. I’ve confirmed the cookie was set, but it still doesn’t work for me. I could live with the new editor (and don’t doubt that eventually it will be the only one we have), but it takes too long to load. The greatest editor in the world is no good if it doesn’t load at least as fast as its predecessor.

rootjosh
    Staff

WP, hope you’re still working on this, because my problem still exists and it’s very annoying.

Still, here. Just nothing new to report. The “fix” for this particular issue is being finished.

I’ll let you know the moment I have anything.

sredith

I’m having the same problem. I wonder if some of the privacy browser cleaners are removing the cookies? I am working mostly in Chrome, but I had the same experience in Firefox and Opera.

I was just set to start teaching two college classes in which each student would start his/her own blog. I’m setting that aside because my nice screen-by-screen instructions will no longer work for them.

Thanks for continuing to work on this. If a stable way to get the “classic” interface comes back, I might still be able to teach the students to blog.

stusshed

Could I make a suggestion?

Could WordPress make the Classic editor the default, with the option to try the new (still in beta!) blue editor of death.

They could have the option of locking the editor in.

When the BBB editor has matured (fast load time, fully functional, no Beep Beep Boop immature loading screen etc) and there is sufficient voluntary uptake, then consider making it the primary option (and potentially only option if that is where WP wants to go).

The reaction would be far more favourable and supportive, esp with improvement suggestions and buy in by end users.

Thrusting an immature interface on us without any of this is a poor deployment strategy.

windwhistle

@stusshed I think this was mentioned frequently in the 32-page thread that erupted when the editor was introduced: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/beep-beep-boop-screen-is-a-joke-is-this-a-glitch?replies=165

stusshed

Glad to see WP listens to our suggestions.

And that they welcome feedback by keeping threads open that are being actively participated in by so many end users.

stusshed

Seems to finally be working. Thank goodness for small mercies (and to WP for listening to our concerns)

windwhistle

Hurray!!!!! … happy dance …
    I’d hug somebody, but I’m still fuming about having the problem inflicted on me in the first place.

The topic ‘Still getting the bbb editor when going in to edit an existing post’ is closed to new replies.