Stay Theme: how to feature pages v posts on slider

• Hi, I know the Stay theme enables you to link the home page slider to pages rather than posts (one of the reasons why I selected it), but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to do this. I’m familiar with making posts sticky so that they’ll be linked to the home page slider, but would love some help on how to link it to pages and populate the button text as shown in the live demo for the theme.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Just solved my own problem (the answer was embedded in another thread with an unrelated topic title.) For those interested, you need to ensure that the Home page is set as a static page and that it does not contain its’ own featured image. Then in the dashboard select Appearance – Customize and select up to six pages to be featured in the home slider; those pages will of course need to have a featured image. Basic, I realize, but ya’ gotta start somewhere.

• You can find instructions for all themes in the Theme Showcase site:
    http://theme.wordpress.com/

• Thanks, justpi, have that page bookmarked already, I just wasn’t “getting” it. :)

• The topic ‘Stay Theme: how to feature pages v posts on slider’ is closed to new replies.