Starting a WordPress Website – Need an Urgent Help!
I’m a Graphic Designer and I’d like to start a WordPress website for selling graphic goods/resources around the net, using Paypal/Skrill as a paying method.
I’m a kind off a newbie in all the coding and WordPress stuff, so, basically – I’d like to ask for some start-up tips and information to straight-up and channelise everything I have on my mind.
I’d be very greatful and I’ll appreciate it a lot. So, Thank you in an advance.
01. I’ll be probably going to buy some WordPress template and hire some WordPress expert after that in order to edit the existing template by my criteria and finalize it to the website launch itself. So lately I’ve been digging around the net and I found a WordPress marketplace called http://www.ThemeForest.net. I’ve digged into it and I found a several sub-categories in the WordPress themes:
Blog / Magazine
At the first glance I’ve digged into the eCommerce category yet, – I wasnt very sure if that’s the exact category what I’m looking for it judging by what I’m imagining it… Here are a few websites that have pretty much all the functions what I need and are operating at the way I’d like my website to operate:
So, the question is: what type (kind) of websites are these and where should i dig?
02. If I buy one of the Themes offered on http://www.ThemeForest.net which are from 25-60$ are these some quality kind of websites or they’re not worth it and it’ll take a lot of effort of editing it and setting all the things up (roughly said)?
03. What’s the average price of editing an already boughten Template in order to satisfy the needs/criteria of the client (Pixel Perfect Editing)?
04. How long does it takes to edit an existing (boughten) template in WordPress (roughly said)?
05. Judging by your own personal View and Experience in building websites for Clients – Have you ever faced some Graphic Designer client you’ve build a website for..? If so, roughly speaking are these kind of websites profitable or you’re not really sure about it?
I’d appreciate it a lot if you can spend a min or two and shoot my with some answers.
Thanks a lot,
Do you want a custom domain? If you do, you’re better using WordPress.org if you want all of them features.
You can find out more about the difference between WordPress.com and .org here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
Read this very carefully please >
WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
See here for details of all 3 plans http://store.wordpress.com/bundles/
Note that none of the plans allow you to run advertising or to upload your own themes or plugins. WordPress.com blogs cannot be equipped for eCommerce transactions. If you need a site that requires a custom theme or plugins — e.g., if you want to be able to sell things directly from your site, or if you want to install discussion forums — a self-hosted WordPress site might be right for you.
WordPress.org offers free software that you can install on a web server. You can upload and install themes and plugins, run ads, and edit the database and equip the blog for ecommerce. Learn about the differences here. http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
Thanks for understanding that everyone who posts here needs help and thinks there issue is urgent when it isn’t. As would be expected we serve those who post for help first and proceed to assist in datestamp and timestamp order. Thanks for being patient while we server the many who posted before you did.
Please leave these threads for the experienced Volunteers to answer.
Yes, I’m familiar with that.
I basically need some tips and info about the stuff I’ve mentioned in general.
If you read it then you already know in the context of WordPress.com there is:
no FTP access
no third party themes
no editing themes and templates
Thank you for the “frendly” behaviour. The next time I’ll hook up to these forums again (if I may need it) – I’ll bring you a shotgun so you can actually KILL everyone around who’re not so into the wordpress.com/org stuff “as you are”…
Sorry for interrupting and spending your precious time.
Thanks you so much using your reading comprehension skills so you could make the right decision.
Thought you resolved this case by clearing the things up and making the difference between the .com and .org platform. I also thought you nearly strangled me by opening one off-topic case on these forums regarding the lust of mine for some tips and info by some experts in the WordPress platform (in general)… and yet, and yet you’re still spending time replying here while…
“Thanks for understanding that everyone who posts here needs help and thinks there issue is urgent when it isn’t. As would be expected we serve those who post for help first and proceed to assist in datestamp and timestamp order. Thanks for being patient while we server the many who posted before you did.”
May god have mercy upon your soul, son.
There is no evidence of the existence of any gods, leprechauns, fairies or elves, etc. May you live long and prosper.
The topic ‘Starting a WordPress Website – Need an Urgent Help!’ is closed to new replies.