Spam my own comments

• Author

ambientologo

First, I want to sorry about my English.

Akismet is spamming all my comments, instead my own comments in my own blog http://ambientologo.wordpress.com. Is there some error about my IP in the Akismet filter?

Recently I banned a troll IP that was using my name to leave injurious comment in my friendĀ“s blogs and also in my blog.

trent

Send in a feedback explaining the circumstances to the Staff as they are also the creators of Akismet and should be able to give you some direction for sure.

Trent

xsplat

I have the same problem. Exactly how do I send a feedback to the staff – what staff – what website – where?

I did leave feedback at http://akismet.com/contact/

I know another poster with the same problem even left several phone messages with akismet, but it took a few weeks for the problem to clear up.

drmike

The feedback link is at the upper right of your Dashboard when you login. Make sure that you point at a couple of specific comments that were tagged as spam.

trent

My applogies about the clarification there xsplat. You can also send an email to support at this domain or with the link to ‘support’ while logged into these forums as well as drmike’s suggestion.

Trent

the6kclub

I also have this problem :(

engtech

I saw this today as well.

jump2

Every comment I left on my own blog was getting flagged as spam. Now they just disappear.

drmike

And what does it tell you to do in the thread that you posted in? :)

jump2

I get nothing back. It just loads the comments and mine is missing.

A couple of days ago, my comments were getting stuck in the askiment “holding tank.”

But now, if I check the askimet spam tab, it looks like the counter has added another spam catch, but my comment isn’t even in the “holding tank.”

jump2

Akismet…… errrrrrr….

jump2

I commented about how I had to unmark each of my comments as “spam” before it would post, and shortly thereafter, my comments started getting dumped from the holding tank making even that fix unworkable. Everyone else can comment fine, it seems.

judyb12

have you sent in feedback to staff?

jump2

Yes, today…

jump2

I am now being assisted by staff…

ambientologo

I’m still having the problem.

drmike

Did you do what was suggested to you?

raincoaster

It’s annoying when sometimes the Akismet file keeps the spam and sometimes it’s empty, even though I know it’s eating my own comments. I wish we could get some consistency in whether or not it’s going to display the spam or not.

drmike

Had spam in both main blogs here this morning.

I’m waiting for the first “I’m getting too much spam! Someone please do something about it!” complaint myself…

cloclo1266

i dont speak a lot in english but i m gonna try to explain my problem. today i am a new custumer of wordpress, i write an article and i want to send it to another site i publish my article but i dont know where! so if someone can help me in french if it s possible this is my address on wordpress: cloclo1266wordpress.com thank you all!

The topic ‘Spam my own comments’ is closed to new replies.