"Sorry, There Was a Problem Following (URL) Please Try Again."

• Hello,

For the past month or so I’ve been having issues following other blogs. I would typically follow them through the follow button on their website or through the notifications tab, but then the button would revert from ‘Following’ to ‘Follow+’ When I would try to add blogs manually through the Manage Subscriptions section, I’d get the error “Sorry, there was a problem following (URL). Please try again.” I thought this might be a temporary issue with the system, but it’s been going on for quite a while now.

Is there a way to clear up this error either on my end or the system’s?

Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Are you following too many blogs in a short span of time? WordPress.com systems might detect it as spam and block you from following more blogs.

I’ll add modlook tag to this thread for the attention of the support team. Please wait while someone from the support team gets back to you on this.

• Are you following too many blogs in a short span of time? WordPress.com systems might detect it as spam and block you from following more blogs.

I may be guilty of that. There are a few blogs I follow that make posts promoting other blogs and I get ahead of myself with following too many at once. I’ll definitely avoid doing that from now on.

Thank you for the tag, and the assistance. I’ll be on the lookout for a message.

• Hi –

You’ve exceeding the follow limits that are in place to keep Reader working for the community. It is not designed to for spam following.

• You’ve exceeding the follow limits that are in place to keep Reader working for the community. It is not designed to for spam following.

I’m very sorry, I honestly wasn’t aware of that restriction before. I’ll start bookmarking blogs instead and save following for more select blogs. Can this block be lifted or am I stuck being unable to follow new blogs?

• I’ve re enabled the following feature for Reader again. Please be mindful that we may not be able to do this again if the activity is triggered again.

• I’ve re enabled the following feature for Reader again. Please be mindful that we may not be able to do this again if the activity is triggered again.

Thank you very much. :) I’ll be a lot more selective about who I watch from now on.

• @fiddletwix, just one suggestion. Instead of following multiple blogs and getting banned from following blogs, you can follow specific tags. That would give you content from several blogs specific to a particular topic of your interest.

• akumarjain – Great suggestion! Thanks :)

• I am in a similar situation as fiddletwix. HELP!

• Hi! Can you help me with this too? I’m having the same problem right now. I’m new to blogging. I only started 10 days ago so I’m not familiar with the restrictions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• plantingseedsofwisdom – Go ahead and open up a brand new thread. Add the “modlook” tag to the sidebar and the thread will find it’s way back to me. I can take a better look at things then. Thank you.

• thehogninja – Go ahead and open up a brand new thread. Add the “modlook” tag to the sidebar and the thread will find it’s way back to me. I can take a better look at things then. Thank you.

• The topic ‘"Sorry, There Was a Problem Following (URL) Please Try Again."’ is closed to new replies.