Someone is stealing my copyrighted, creative commons logo’d posts

• I have just set up my blog and someone has stolen my posts, taking a sizeable chunk as an excerpt passing it off as their own and then creating a link back to my blog. The entry into my post on their site, states that they have written my posts. It is word for word my work.

I had the Creative Commons “Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License”, clearly shown at the top of the blog. At the bottom of each post is a copyright symbol my initials and the year.

The way I found out was because WordPress pinged it into the Spam section.

There is no way to contact the person or people who are stealing my posts, when I have checked the site.

I am in the UK.

The site is apparently a WordPress site: http://music.xpk2.com/2008/02/08/mein-handel/#respond

Any suggestions.??

• The site is using the self-hosted version of WordPress from wordpress.org and isn’t actually hosted here at wordpress.com. My best recommendation is to find out where the domain is hosted and contact the hosting company of that web site which should have a process for handling such cases.

• Thanks for the reply, however I have tried to fond this out bit the WHOIS does not recognise it as valid and says iy does not exist. There is absolutely nothing on the site that gives me any kind of clue as to how I could find the domain host.

They are obviously a very unpleasant set of people.

Anyone else have any idea about waht I can do to get my post taken off their site and prevent any further recurrences, despite my clear Creative Commons (strictest licence) and copyright sign plus written warnings on each post.?

• Search the forums for ‘whois’ and ‘DMCA’ – there are some useful posts.

• Click on the “Ads by Google” text. Then report them to Google. You may have to do this repeatedly, but Google will eventually kill their account in my experience.

• Take the “music out of the search on whois since it is a subdomain, which will not show up in a whois search. If you search for “xp2k.com you will find what you need.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=xpk2.com

• The topic ‘Someone is stealing my copyrighted, creative commons logo’d posts’ is closed to new replies.