Slow loading articles

• Hello,

I’m facing an issue with my articles which load very slowly on every browser. I can’t figure out why. I thought it was the size of the images but they load pretty fast on other themes so I assume the problem is specific to Cubic.

The blog I need help with is : davidmahery.com

Thank you in advance.

David

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi David,

Your site looks great! I didn’t have trouble loading any of the articles linked from your first page. You may have already fixed the issue, or if you are still having difficulty you may want to enlist the help of a few friends to check out your site and see how it works for them.

It does look like you have a lot of pictures on several of your posts. The one that loaded the slowest had many pictures on it. Pictures are large files and take up a lot of space slowing down the load time. You may want to try using a smaller image size or different file-type. Here is an article that might be a helpful start:

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/3354-Optimizing-Images-to-Reduce-Load-Times

The other thing that may be causing some of the difficulty is that your theme shows the loading bar at the top and waits until the page is fully loaded to reveal the page. So instead of seeing the first few images pop up right away while the ones at the bottom load, there is a long pause before you can see anything. That feature is probably done with JavaScript so unfortunately, you’d need to try a different template to change that.

Hope this helps!

Jason

• Hello Jason,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is weird, but kind of releif, that you don’t notice any particular slowdown in the articles loadings. I will ask a few friends to check if they observe the same. I didn’t change anything since my first posting to the topic.

I will try to further optimize the images contained on the site (but since it is a photoblog there will still be a lot of them) and dig into that piece of JavaScript that you point out. This may indeed be the source of it.

Thank you very much.

David

• The topic ‘Slow loading articles’ is closed to new replies.