Sketch theme – Portfolio problems

• I am battling for hours and hours to make this theme work for me and almost regret going this route – as I have created many other blogsites as galleries and could understand them. This one – altho’ I love the look – I just don’t understand. I would love some assistance and be eternally grateful for it! Let me lay it out.
    1) I have the static front page and a portfolio (somewhere – wherever portfolios live – I don’t get this btw).
    2) I have all my media at 800px square.
    3) I cannot find out how to do the ‘slider’ – which I presume is the same as the old ‘slideshow’
    4) at least when you click on an image it will display the larger one – BUT – it puts the name of the JPEG under the image and it ignores the title I created in the Media section.
    5) I need my front page featured content items to display in a certain order and can’t change the order like you can do with menu items.
    6) Is a portfolio the same as a one page – one menu item – and the ‘featured items’ like sub menus in other words? – using old terminology – and what does it mean that you have a portfolio accessible from elsewhere – why have a portfolio template? Why not just another page? What is the strength of having this portfolio in other words?
    7) To sum up – I need a few folders with nice front page blocked images (featured item image) with some pics in each that can be clicked and each displays a description of what it is and preferably as a slideshow or in the slider.
    8) Tags – I saw people referring tags to get this all to work – maybe that’s where problem lies?
    Thank you in advance and sorry to be such a pain – I just love this theme and the way other people have got it to work and I am so jealous. :)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• No not lindswrit btw – the site I need help with is linillustrate.wordpress.com – apologies – it took my main blogsite for the above question.

• I am battling for hours and hours to make this theme work for me and almost regret going this route – as I have created many other blogsites as galleries and could understand them. This one – altho’ I love the look – I just don’t understand. I would love some assistance and be eternally grateful for it! Let me lay it out.
    1) I have the static front page and a portfolio (somewhere – wherever portfolios live – I don’t get this btw).
    2) I have all my media at 800px square.
    3) I cannot find out how to do the ‘slider’ – which I presume is the same as the old ‘slideshow’
    4) at least when you click on an image it will display the larger one – BUT – it puts the name of the JPEG under the image and it ignores the title I created in the Media section.
    5) I need my front page featured content items to display in a certain order and can’t change the order like you can do with menu items.
    6) Is a portfolio the same as a one page – one menu item – and the ‘featured items’ like sub menus in other words? – using old terminology – and what does it mean that you have a portfolio accessible from elsewhere – why have a portfolio template? Why not just another page? What is the strength of having this portfolio in other words?
    7) To sum up – I need a few folders with nice front page blocked images (featured item image) with some pics in each that can be clicked and each displays a description of what it is and preferably as a slideshow or in the slider.
    8) Tags – I saw people referring tags to get this all to work – maybe that’s where problem lies?
    Thank you in advance and sorry to be such a pain – I just love this theme and the way other people have got it to work and I am so jealous. :)

The blog I need help with is linillustrate.wordpress.com

• The topic ‘Sketch theme – Portfolio problems’ is closed to new replies.