Site Meter

• I want to have Site Meter (www.sitemeter.com) as my stat tracker. They give you a code to plug into your stylesheet. I’ve only used Blogger before, and I don’t really know where to put it in the WordPress stylesheet I use.

Any help?

Here is my stylesheet:

[deleted stylesheet – drmike]

• – Please provide the code that you need to input and a link to your current style sheet.

– Normally we suggest adding in sitemeter via a text widget as it’s a simple copy and paste. You can see instructions for that located here

– You are reading the instructions for a wordpress.com blog and not a regular wordpress blog, right?

• Everything is good now. Thank you very much.

• 1. Login to your account on WordPress.com
    2. Select “My Dashboard”.
    3. Select “Blogroll”.
    4. Select “Add Link”.
    5. Copy this text to the clipboard.(the site meter html code)
    (Select the text and press the CTRL key and the letter C at the same time.)
    6. Paste it into the Address field for the link.
    (Click in the field and then press the CTRL key and the letter V at the same time.)
    7. Enter “Site Meter” for the Name.
    8. Copy this text to the clipboard.(the site meter imagen code)
    (Select the text and press the CTRL key and the letter C at the same time.)
    9. Paste it into the Image Address field for the link. It is located in the “Advanced” section.
    (Click in the field and then press the CTRL key and the letter V at the same time.)
    10. Select a Category for the link.
    11. Select the “Add Link” button.
    12. Select “View Site”.
    Site Meter should be visible on your blog’s pages within a few minutes. If it didn’t show up, make sure the category you selected has the “Show Images” option checked.

• I tried to add code generated by an account I opened at the “Statcounter” site. Tried dropping it into the text widget, but it seems theirs needs to be bracketed by <html><body></body></html> tags… so some parts of the javascript remain visible on the page to visitors. Anyyone know how to correctly use “Statcounter’ ?

• johnrankin,
    the javascript bits will be stripped out automatically if you put them in wordpress – this is by design. You need to use the HTML version.

• Site meter no longer records any new hits after March 7 for some reason while both Statcounter and Dashboard are still getting hits and referrals.

Can someone help me out?

• The topic ‘Site Meter’ is closed to new replies.