site is marked as ”this site cannot accessed”

• Author

my site is marked as ”this site cannot accessed” I just got the personal plan at the end of 2019. What is going on?

The blog I need help with is tylerrosereads.com.

Hi there!

Your domain tylerrosereads.com is not pointing to your WordPress.com site. After the successful transfer, you need to change the nameservers to point the site to WordPress.com. It sounds complicated but it’s all done in a few clicks, have a look here:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/move-domain/incoming-domain-transfer/#changing-the-dns-records-after-a-successful-transfer

When I go into my Manage section in my account there is no Domain area listed.

I was able to get in and change the nameservers to point the site to WordPress.com as instructed. However it still says my site cannot be accessed and has the red ! symbol

supernovia
    Staff

Hi @tylerrosereads, when you changed the domain settings, typically you’ll see a warning / notice saying the changes can take a few hours to complete. Basically your computer and internet connection need to forget the old location before they’ll look up the new one.

For what it’s worth, my computer and connection already see the new site. So I’d give it 4-6 hours then try again. Cheers!

UPdate: now the cannot access has been removed but there are updates that fail and cannot update

supernovia
    Staff

You’ll want to wait 4-6 hours for the changes to take effect. If you’re still having issues after that, let us know.

The topic ‘site is marked as ”this site cannot accessed”’ is closed to new replies.