Signature written on my post

• I’ve managed to write my signature, then save it in media and post at the end of my post….

Can anyone tell me if they see the box around my name which is most annoying….if you can, how do I get rid of it please as it looks messy and unprofessional 🙁

Thank you

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello anyone, can anyone help with this query please, so I can continue or discontinue with the idea.

Thanks

• Hi Sharon

I checked your site and yes, I can see the box around your signature.

Can you tell me how you got this signature in? Have you tried uploading an image with your signature in it instead?

Thamara

• Hello thamarakandabada and thank you very much for helping.

Yes, I physically wrote it onto a digital site (via ipad), then saved it and uploaded it to my media library and then added it to the site…

Now, i am on my laptop, and just checked both signatures and they are jpeg which I had wondered if they weren’t…..

Won’t an image with my signature already in it still produce the same problem though?

So I am lost at how else to do it :(

Can you help

• PS, here is what i followed via another member…

Hi there. The only ways to do this is to make your signature on paper and scan it, or make a digital signature using a graphics tablet. Both methods should produce a jpeg/png file. Then you insert it on your page as an image.

• Hi again

It seems to me that images are displayed by default with a box around them in your theme (see the certificate on your About page – it has a similar border)

I’m sorry I cannot help you there – if you don’t mind, you can consider a different theme :)

Thamara

• @sharonharvey2 – thamarakandabada is correct that your theme includes a border around images, but see if you can remove the one on your signature by adding a “0” to the image border in the Advanced Image Options. To do so you need to edit your Post in the WP Admin Post Editor. See here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-settings/#advanced-options

However, you would need to edit the image each time you insert it in a post.

Let me know how that goes.

I would also suggest that you consider switching to a newer theme. As time goes on, retired themes like itheme2 are no longer updated and do not support WordPressdotcom’s new features. Not being a responsive width theme can also have an impact on your site ranking in search engine returns. Let us know if you would like suggestions for a newer theme. https://wordpress.com/themes/

• Hi there, this is really annoying as i dont know if its me or not but i cant find what you refer too :(

I have clicked the link, read it, and tried to find this advanced options but its not there ? I have clicked on the page as it asked and clicked on the name and all i get up then is the alignment option, plus and minus caption icon and cross to take it off. I cannot see anywhere else to look for the advance option offer :(

Yes, I am looking for a evolve theme? I have seen a fellow WP use it on her blog but cannot find it…?

it says on the bottom of her page:

evolve – MultiPurpose WordPress Theme

and her blog is this:

Home

which i believe is a WP blog?

Can I not find it because i am looking for free ones and its a pay for one?

• @sharonharvey2 If you highlight an image in the wp-admin visual post editor and click on the “pencil” icon and scroll down you get to the advanced options.

PS: That Evolve theme is designed for self-hosted sites using the WordPress.org software. Here at WordPress.com we choose to activate one of these 377 free and premium themes:-

https://theme.wordpress.com/

• Right ok, @themagicrobot…i have found that finally, the post refused to be found for some reason….I then followed @justjennifer ‘s instructions…now there was nothing in the image box. so I have put a 0 in there as she instructed…can you tell me now if that box has now gone please as I cannot tell :(

Haha, didnt think it would be that easy for me lol!

i am wanting a theme that posts the date and who has published it ie posted (date) by (whoever, in this case ME)

I think i have found that in the 2011 theme? If you know of any more like that which is free, please do let me know :)

• The topic ‘Signature written on my post’ is closed to new replies.