sign out (or log out) button needed in dashboard

• Your new design, while an improvement in some ways, does not have a sign out or log out (you call it both in different places) capability in the upper ribbon anymore, which means that some pages like the dashboard require navigation to another page in order to sign out. Extra clicks just to leave a program safely are irritating, and that irritation is cumulative.

I think the root problem is that you are designing for mobile devices and forgetting us “old fashioned” computer users, who share a computer and log out of software each time we leave it. Please put/return more functionality in your top ribbon which stays the same for each part of wordpress that we are in.

While you are at it, you should consider getting a few designers in their 50’s or 60’s who need glasses, can’t see tiny stuff and like to have things easily viewable. Case in point is the old star/conversation box in orange on the ribbon to indicate new arrived likes and comments – it worked for those of us that don’t have young eyes, whereas the tiny dot inside the Christmas bell is a complete fail. Not to mention it is too religious/not sufficiently multicultural for some users.

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• FWIW https://wordpress.com/me/public-profile/ under your gravatar in the sidebar, the link to “sign out” appears.

The bell icon only appears so far in the new dash and does reflect other web/phone apps, like twitter, that use a bell icon for notifications. Personally, I don’t see any association to Christmas or any other holiday.

• The topic ‘sign out (or log out) button needed in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.