Sidebar Colour Change and White Space

• Hi there, I’ve got two questions:

1. I’d like to change the colour of my sidebar to make it appear separate from the rest of my content, which is also on a white background. I’ve tried a couple of CSS codes but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

2. On my home page (theme is Adaline) I have a header and then a photo gallery below. There is a gap of white space between header and photo gallery which is driving me crazy. I want to have the photo gallery directly below the header. I’ve looked for a css code but haven’t found anything. Would be so grateful for any help on this!

The site is: rachaelgreyhound.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Greetings!

1. Did you fix this on your own? As I look at your site, the sidebar appears to have a tan background instead of white.

2. For reducing the space between the separator and the gallery on the home page, I had success with this CSS:

.site-header {
      padding-bottom: 0;
    }

Likewise, you can control the space above the site title with a similar padding-top declaration. For the top, the default value is 119px.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Did you know that your WordPress.com plan includes live chat support? Staff frequently recommends live chat support as a way to get help faster with questions like these.

• The topic ‘Sidebar Colour Change and White Space’ is closed to new replies.