setting up posts to Grid view

• How can I make my posts show up as Grid View? I am using the “canard” theme and I could not make my posts show up as grid view. I already tagged the posts as “featured” and set it up in the customizer as well but they are still showing in a list view. Need your help please. And thank you in advance. Happy new year!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @chubchella,

Wishing you a Happy New Year too! :)

I had a closer look at your site chubchella.wordpress.com, I could not notice the Posts listed. Here is the screenshot.

Just make sure in your customizer the “Home Page Settings” is selected to “Your Latest Posts” and secondly the featured images are set correctly for the posts. You can learn more about it from the canard theme page.

Let me know how it goes, would be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

• Hi @pavanraheja,

I’m having the same trouble as Chubchella with setting posts to grid view. I’ve tried following the steps in your previous post and the Canard theme page but am still having trouble. I think I’m getting stuck on the ‘featured’ tag.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Hi @gypsypigs,

Just try these steps:

1)Make sure to have 5 posts on your blog. Give them the same tag name.
    Example if you can use the tag name as “featured”. Have your featured images correctly set up for all your posts.

2)Go to MySites->Themes->Themes->Customize->Featured Content. Use the same tag name(featured) in the “Tag Name” text box.

The details are explained in the canard theme page.

Also, for any further assistance just start a new thread so it does not provide unwanted notifications to other users of the thread.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• @Mr. Pavanraheja

Thank you so much for your reply! I got it sorted out by doing exactly what you advised. I changed the homepage to show the latest posts and it worked! I was actually setting it up on a different blog. I didnt know my question would automatically mention my chubchella blog. Sorry about that. The blog i am currently working on is now okay. I am a super newbie blogger. Once again, thank you so much!

@gypsypigs – just follow pavanraheja’s replies above and your featured blog posts should show up as grid view. =)

• @chubchella: Am glad I could help! Please do let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best Wishes! :)

• Hi @pavanraheja (or anyone else),

I feel foolish asking the same question after it has been solved for two people, but all 5 of my posts have the “Featured” tag, which has been specified in the Featured Content area. The Jetpack plug-in has already been installed.

It would be great to see my posts in a grid view, and your help would be very much appreciated! Its probably something stupid I overlooked.

Site: w0nderland826906852.wordpress.com

• Hi there!

@w0nderland826906852, please start a new thread, and we’ll be able to help. This is an active thread with a support question and that can confuse us. You can start a new thread with that question — and we’ll be able to follow up there.

Thanks!
    Alisson

• w0nderland826906852 –

which has been specified in the Featured Content area.

I see no tag added to the Featured Content panel in your Customizer, can you double-check there? Right now, it’s blank on the site w0nderland826906852.wordpress.com.

The second issue is that all your posts are currently Private.

Try adding the tag “Featured” to your Customizer, and publishing your featured posts, and you should be all set.

If you’re not ready for your site to be public, you can set the whole thing to Private – there’s no need to change the status of each individual post.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/

The Jetpack plug-in has already been installed.

Are you referring to w0nderland826906852.wordpress.com ? There’s no need to install Jetpack there, it’s already built in. :)

• The topic ‘setting up posts to Grid view’ is closed to new replies.